All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. You guys may already be WAY ahead of me but lately I've become frustrated when handling tiny rounded plastic parts with tweezers. No matter how lightly I grip it, at the vital moment when I'm offering it up to it's final position there's likely to be a sudden PING!! as the part escapes the grip of the tweezers and takes off at Warp Factor 7 towards a direction, never to be seen again. I've just come across a solution to this - coated tweezers... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CWNS5C7P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details Stupidly cheap and tiny parts no longer have the urge or the opportunity to escape their clutches. Simples.
  3. Colour balance is off, probably because I shot it under the LEDs of the spray booth without adjusting the camera for it. Should be a nice gull grey.
  4. Really nice ones. I like this Carrera car very much.
  5. Good evening Karearea This is a very good way of celebrating the ANZAC Day .. Best regards Patrice
  6. Ive been researching ww2 aircraft since 1979. I have trained as an Airframe and Power-plant mechanic for aircraft. I have been to numerous (dozens) of museums, airports, and airshow’s, I have seen what you're talking about in photo’s. However in a modeling sense the scuffs on the built prop above look way over-scale like he used a carpentry file on it. The wear on the blades is more common to the sand/coral strips of the desert, CBI, and south west pacific. Rather than the grass or tarmac runways of England. Let’s just say the tires would have been fine with just a little dust on them. They look like they came off of a dump-truck in a quarry. Never mind this fascination with deflated tires ?I have yet to find a set of tires on a warbird or actual aircraft that are that flat. At least not without needing to be replaced. Thank you Francois Verlinden for that direction 30 years ago. 🙄 Sadly most modern builds concentrate on a very over weathered look. So much so they would be in a boneyard if they looked that bad, even in a war zone. This builder did great with the airframe stage of the build. They very much got the look of oxidized aluminum done well. Granted yes however Im guilty of this myself so didn't say anything about that. Sometimes I just don't have it in my to constantly fill, sand, polish, and re-scribe to eliminate the wing panel lines.
  7. Typical, just after I've spent nearly forty quid for resin wheels/tyres for my 240 ZG. Much prefer the stub nose car! I will definitely not be getting one.... but when I do buy one, that agricultural looking catch tank will go in the bin 🤣 Atb, Steve.
  8. Waiting what you will make from this.
  9. From Eduard's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/968860435034725?ref=embed_post " Starting tomorrow, April 26, 2024, the pre-sale for the Royal Class Dual Combo edition of the P-51D Mustang kit in 1/72nd scale commences. The pre-sale period will run until May 8, 2024. However, you'll have the opportunity to pre-order and purchase the kit from our business partners. Stay tuned for further details on the pre-sale launch! The kit offers markings for 14 aircraft; 12 of them of US Air Force P-51Ds and two Mustangs Mk.IVA of RAF. The box contains plastic sprues for two complete kits, both version D-5 without the dorsal fin assembly and the later Mustangs with the dorsal fin assembly. - plastic parts: Eduard, - marking options: 14, - decals: Eduard, - pre-painted PE parts, - painting mask, - resin parts: yes (exhausts – two types; undercarriage wheels – two types; two pilot seats with seatbelts), - badge with 8th Air Force motif, - wheel wells plugs (Omask)."
  10. Can't even remember wot I was doing in 2008....🤔
  11. small FLAT brushes are what you need for doing surfaces. Acrylics also behave differently to enamels. I'm about to go out, I have posted more detail on this before though. |I'll link in later
  12. Adrian, many many thanks! The background is a clear plastic foil on blue T-shirt . Just to give some mood or feeling, definitely not pretending to be any "modeled water".... Molto gracie! In fact I am waiting for week-end to be at home during good light,,,, Regards J-W
  13. But didn't putty the wings as per the real thing.
  14. After the finished Thai Spitfire it´s time for another Thai Fighter Using the Hasegawa F-40 kit with Siam Scale decals DSC_0001 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr DSC_0002 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr planning to do this scheme in blue trim DSC_0003 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr
  15. This is an update after changing my image hosting thingy as Imgur seems to be broken, using Flickr and just about seem to have got it working….. I’ve been using silica crystals to dry out the and remove all moisture from the gels with some success. Now I have a new image hosting thingy I can update you all about my new project - the flower class corvette and German sub Dio, more to come!
  16. Perhaps you should have. Plastic might not have feelings, but manners cost nothing, and people are involved in designing and producing kits, so some element of manners are expected, as difficult as that might be for some.
  17. I have precisely two paintbrush sets, one natural (squirrel) and one synthetic. As I'm all acrylic as regards paints I've found the synthetic to be significantly better than the natural - smoother finish, less dry build-up.
  18. I love this idea, especially noting the SPP with Austria. I have a plan to commemorate at least a couple National Guard jets myself, Caracal is really great for giving us a lot of NG options. Looking great so far!
  19. Pix: https//www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235139281-p-51b-question (to be continued there)
  20. Hi everybody, I am at the moment more or less finishing the Mirage IIICJ from Modelsvit (1:72). Following the kit's instructions I painted the wheelwells, the interior of the landing-gear doors and the landing-gear legs aluminium. I guess that is basically correct for French jets of this era. However, now I have seconds thoughts. Is this correct for a camouflaged Israeli Mirage? More specifically, I am building a post-1973 aircraft with the large black/yellow triangles on wings and tail. Photos of IDF Neshers from the same time frame seem to show landing-gear doors painted in a white colour. On Youtube I found a walkaround of a Mirage IIICJ in the Israeli Air Force Museum where these parts also look white or even light blue like the underside of the aircraft (so much dirt and dust that it is hard to tell). So what do you think? Are Modelsvit's instructions wrong or not? Thanks in advance! Ole
  21. some more decal progress repainted the nose again, looks better this way DSC_0003 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr DSC_0004 by grimreaper110, auf Flickr
  22. @Redstaff, Thanks for that. Yes, I did find it awkward, but ultimately more fun than awkward. I have noticed a humungous seam under the headlight that I totally missed when building the kit, but I am probably going to leave it as it would be - you guessed - awkward to deal with!
  1. Load more activity