All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Apparently it's mainly down to the additional duties applied for goods originating in Russia..
  3. Ah no! There’s always something! (At least in my builds!)
  4. Nice progress and paintwork. I quite like the Tamiya colours and they are quite easy to use. Cheers.. Dave
  5. Lovely job, I adore the Heyford. ❤️ Seeing it again so nicely built up reminds me of those full page advertisements that Matchbox used to run in Scale Models magazine during to early 80s. I used to drool over those as a kid.
  6. You say that's a fresh patch behind the U but it looks very similar to that on the fin and rudder and that below the exhaust stain and behind the spinner. The odd bit is the bit above the roundel, which appears to be more lkjr the DE on most of S. I can't imagine why they would paint that area a dark colour on ghe original photo? Wouldn't it make it harder to see the staining and clean it/diagnose it? And on the topside it's much higher than the staining tends to go.
  7. I hope someone brings out a 3D printed rotor head. The kits one looks nice but a bit underwhelming.
  8. Will you be clear coating the bucks for vac forming to get the best finish? Nice will they take the suction force when hot being hollow? Pete
  9. Very nice build! What Tamiya reference did you use for NIVO?
  10. I tend to think of the Breda camouflage as being mainly hazelnut with small sparse blotches of green. If so, then thank you but no, as I feel I could do that myself and I lack a photo of a recce aircraft in that scheme. Caliaro describes (and shows) it as being thicker streaks and blotches of the green giving a darker overall effect. The photo of 85.3 is one of these - possibly an Ambrosini build? I do have a sheet of the "smoke rings"", which would do for the Veltro as shown above (yes this is the photo in Caliaro) but I don't think I have anything suitable for the tanks Though I do have two Veltros and don't fancy a grey one. I would prefer the Folgore if I could cobble together an consistent 85-3 from the available transfer sheets. Maybe from the Sky sheet.
  11. It's another ancient FROG kit for me this month as I recover from my marathon BPK Poseidon build ! But how to change a FROG Gloster Meteor F.4 into something naval? I know, shoot missiles at it and build it as a pilotless U.15 Radio Controlled Target Drone of 728B Naval Air Sqn at RNAS Hal Far in 1960, trialling the new Seaslug ship-borne anti aircraft missile! I know that there were some superb resin conversion kits available for this until recently, but there seem to be none left and I wanted to do was a very quick and simple (10 days from start to finish) scratch conversion to restore some modelling fun into my life. Strangely, its these very quick "looks like" projects that sometimes give me the most satisfaction. The wing camera pods and other protruberances were scratched up from sprue and drop tanks and are good enough for me. Painting that yellow and red was fun. An overall white coat, then two yellows, then two reds where appropriate. Humbrol and Revell enamels and my trusty hairy stick brush. masking was surprisingly difficult, and you can probably see, didn't go altogether to plan around some of those curves (actually it was th ened for a 2nd red coat that caused the problems). But hey, its another Naval Meteor to add to my shower!!!! And... my enthusiasm is back. The Shower - left to right: Matchbox as a TT.20, Airfix as a Sea Meteor F.III, FROG as a U.15 and Matchbox heavily modified to become a T.7
  12. Nice progress here with this venerable Shack. It’s no shake and bake box of bits, however can result into a really impressive piece of Frog nostalgic plastic. Looks like this on is well on its way. Cheers.. Dave
  13. I love these old Matchbox, multi coloured kits. It brings back so many great memories building them as a kid. Obviously, they're not up to today's standards of mouldings but fundamentally, they're good and a nice way to learn scratch-building.
  14. Has anyone ever attempted to convert a Mk5 chieftain into a Khalid?
  15. Really good colour. Once again beautiful build from you.
  16. Just when I'd forgotten about it, people keep mentioning black pudding.... meaning I've got to go out and find some now..
  17. This is looking marvellous overall- I’d be inclined to find some thinner styrene sheet and scratch build some fences using the current parts as a guide. The wing fences on their Tunnan were awful too, a pity as the rest of the kit is lovely.
  18. I retired 4 years ago, 4 months after my 66th birthday, just as Covid was kicking in. I did not want to retire as I enjoyed my job[ Stripping down and rebuilding CF 6 Gas Turbines, for the national airline], but it was company policy, slowly getting used to retirement. Financial side was not a problem.
  19. Well done Colin, this Vixen really does look the part, nice progress. Cheers.. Dave
  20. I'll be there both days on the Gloucester table , quite looking forward to must admit with it being a new show, yes I know the parking etc not great but I'm sure will solve on the day . Look forward to seeing some familiar faces as few groups likewise know on the list
  21. Thank you, kind Sir. Retirement? Highly recommended. So far, finding things to do hasn't become a chore 😜 Model production has moved up a gear or two. Bonus!
  22. I'm guessing, a very small one, watchmakers used these, I have a couple with blades less than 1mm across
  23. A couple of photographs taken this morning using what passes for daylight in April round these parts.
  1. Load more activity