All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Looks great. I always thought the seats were the red-brown bakelite material with black/brown leather cushioning on the vertical ? Were they different on dome models or on Recon types ?
  3. The Smiths. Brixton Academy, 1985.
  4. I guess it could be a troop basket - it could disappear up into the fuselage I suppose - but I think on reflection I'm going to go back to just a plain old simple B1 (is it ?) conversion and cut the carbuncle off. It's difficult enough trying to build something that resembles a real aircraft with lots of pictures, never mind someone elses brain wave !! Thanks for the help though - and that secretprojects forum is a nice new world to explore.
  5. Emm, "Italian design"... This is a strange thing, Ducati multistrada (1st generation, i.e. 620) and Fiat multipla are proof of this.
  6. Hello. More correct transliterration is "Tashkent", in russian was "Ташкент", capital of Uzbekistan, former was UzSSR.
  7. I did have a little help from an eduard set for the canopy masking! I've long since decided for anything this complex the better results and cutting out the tedious task is well worth the few quid extra. That said, this particular masking set wasn't great. It wasn't quite cut all the way through in places which was a bit disappointing and led to a few corrections being needed.
  8. After 3 evenings, at last I finished to set the decals It rest some stencils but the "big job" is done. Althought some little deffects, I pleased with the result A zoom on the nose deffect. But I hesitate to paint on the decals And a little view with my another F-15J with the "Fuji Mount"
  9. I need a little help researching this topic for a 1942 group build. Is there anyone who is an expert or knowledgeable in WWII Russian fighter pilots who can point me in the right direction to find info on- Lydia Litvyak the white lily of Stalingrad. first female pilot in history to shoot down an enemy plane and one of only two female aces. Lydia_Vladimirovna_Litvyak by joe bombace, on Flickr i have found some info on wikipedia about her and from the chart below you can see the aircraft she flew. I am looking for the yak 1 she flew in 1942- white 02. i have found plenty of images/drawings of the other planes listed but interestingly not anything on #02 which is the plane she was in for her first victory. i been searching the internet but maybe someone else here knows some other sites i don't. some info i need is camo pattern of her aircraft and is the camo hard line or soft if it had a radio installed. many pilots removed the to save weight armament- again many pilots removed the machine guns and possibly one cannon to save weight. did she have a white lily painted on the side of her craft? for white 02 i think not since she had not gotten this moniker yet 20240416_180306[1] by joe bombace, on Flickr so far i found one picture that possibly could have been her's but the picture is not definitely identified as her plane and it is a white 2 not 02. would russian aircraft bother to include the 0 with the single digit number?, don't know If anyone could help i would appreciate it. In the mean time I will continue searching Thanks- Joe yak-1-white 2 by joe bombace, on Flickr
  10. Beautiful job on the camo and all that complex canopy masking is really well done. Airfix has really stepped up their game lately, so glad they are re-tooling many of these classic subjects. I was really impressed building their recent issue 1/72 B-17 and B-25, looking forward to that new B-24.
  11. In more than just tooling date. I built the old tool one in 2019/2020. My models have improved a lot since. I've got the much newer short run RS Models kit to have a go at as well as another old tool kit in the stash.
  12. What an absolute beauty. Fantastic work. Cheers, Alistair
  13. I would have to agree that this is definitely too good to throw away, keep it for as long as you can. With regard to the comment about the decals, when I have one which crosses over a panel gap I usually install the whole decal first, then once it has dried cut down the panel gap with a sharp scalpel. Only then do I put on Microsol (or other solution) to get the decal to conform to the panel gap - with the cut it will settle better and having been installed as one it will automatically align across the gap.
  14. Hi modeller friends, Currently onto my third (3rd) MiniArt jug, I’m considering the P-47D-30 of 397th FS/ 368th FG, flown by 1st Lt Clifford Price in 1945. According to my research in the web, the plane should look like this: well in accordance with the Superscale/Microscaledecals Then I found a rather colourful profile by noted artist Thierry Dekker Later on I found these two photos on the 368th Fighter Group site: Interestingly the fuselage code shows what appears to me like an X instead of the Bar K on the other versions although with the same serial. The placement and lay out of the nose art are in accordance with the Dekker profile albeit a bit tamer in my vision than the artist’s joyous version. Like a great man on this site said: don’t trust a profile without a photo. 😜 What do you jug experts think? Thank you for your comments, Cheers, Quang
  15. So many schemes to choose from! There are actually 14, not 10. The kit allows you to build one option from schemes A-G (F1 and F2) and one from schemes H-N (F4 and F4/Trop). For the F2 I'm torn between these two schemes: There seems to be a small instructions error regarding the F2 options. The profiles which show the thicker armored glass panel (part h2) on the front of the canopy don't match the ones which the instructions tell you to use it for. I'll have to do a bit more research into that. I've not decided which F4 scheme I want to do yet, though I am leaning more towards a trop in RLM79.
  16. Thanks Dave, Martin & Colin! It's slow progress, not helped by my deciding to restore a 50 year old FROGasawa E.E. Lightning at the same time. But what really been a pain (literally) is that I've developed a very dodgy neck/shoulder. It limits my modelling time and typing on the PC... ouch! Better go. I'll be sticking some decals on this weekend! Charlie
  17. Thanks both. No reason smaller scales need to mean lower quality. This model is much bigger than many 1/72 models.
  18. I think what surprises me more than anything is how much that V8 looks like it belongs. Good work.
  19. You're probably thinking of this one. It's about the colour standards, like a French version of FS595. It doesn't really show which colors apply to which airplanes.
  20. Hello again Chums,some twiddly bits this time. Airfix has a slot in the head armour for the seat harness to go through.Spitfires with a fuel tank behind the seat didn't have anywhere back there to route and anchor the straps so the QL harness was devised which went over a roller attached to the head armour and down to an anchor point on the seat mounting frame.The slot has been filled and a roller rig made from a length of copper wire flattened at each end and bent to shape.This photo has just revealed to me that I ought to move it across a gnats to centralise it. The oblique camera is supplied in two parts,the lens being transparent plastic.Wikipedia has this to say about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F24_camera#. More gen can be found here https://www.imcsmilitaria.com/shop.php?code=63879 and it should look like this Some gen on the vertical cameras can be found here https://georgy-konstantinovich-zhukov.tumblr.com/post/31689607542/spit-recon which is where I found this photo A full suite of three cameras couldn't be carried so I'm only going to put this one in. There is a decal for the instrument panel.I decided to try a slightly different approach to usual.I cut the decal into three pieces to separate the centre panel from both sides. I then spotted some Klear onto each dial face individually instead of all over. The decals were positioned as best I could and left to sort themselves out. Once dry the carrier film was picked away.Unfortunately I've got them slightly off but if you don't tell anyone I won't. I've made a start on the seat harness using thin wire and painted masking tape.https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/18351-sutton-harnesses-for-the-spitfire/ There are lots more bits I could add to the cockpit but I'm going to settle for adding a bit of wiring to this lot and that'll do.I'd like to finish this one sometime soon. Thanks all for looking in,more soon.
  1. Load more activity