All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Amazing what you find (at the charity shop)
  3. Your Rodney is looking great. Stick with it and the effort will pay off in the end. I hear you as regards the paint scheme slowing down progress. I did a 1:500 H.M.S. Revenge in her 1918 dazzle scheme. Eight colours... Paint touch ups took an eternity!
  4. she never flew anything but yaks and her squadron was moved around so that they could keep flying them. if you read her wikipedia it explains it. also that article of the 586th stating that Valeria Khomyakova was the first female fighter pilot to record a kill is wrong, at least as far as everything else i have read lydia was the first so i could understand they getting info on the 437th wrong too. now i am just going by comparison to all my other research, it could be also that it is wrong too but how can we tell. from what i read the 437th flew yaks. i have not found any info on her ever flying a white 30 either but that doesn't mean she didn't. thank you for the info though as it offers much helpful information. i want to build more yaks in the future. Joe Joe
  5. Looks good, some of the stuff will be very small in 1/48 though ....do they do a 1/35 version?
  6. Here's one by Sandiego89 on whatifmodellers.com Those Pegasus engines would give it a lot more OOMPH!
  7. Just finished reading 'Silver Spitfire' by Tom Neil and another gripping read very well written so recommended to all. Fortunately '9 Lives' by Al Deere has just arrived in the post so my reading continues! Pat.
  8. [/url A light coating of filler for the seams. The worst are so far was the wing extensions. I'm letting this dry for a few days whist I wrangle through some other builds. With luck I'll have this an my other build completed before the GB ends. More coming soon.
  9. With all the fine engraving masking tape is the order of the day to keep from damaging anything Also took the time to mask off the cockpit glass while I was at it.
  10. Considering underside done... And now rest eyes, and as i wrote earlier if regret, yes i can remove it all
  11. Next the wings, Not a lot in the way of gaps. Some but not too hateful. Attaching the wings and the wing tips extentions.
  12. Gluing the cockpit halves together and adding that to the fuselage back half Looks a whole lot better than the first time I did this.
  13. Fairly certain that I saw something like that many moons ago.
  14. I didn't say ALL Supermodel kits were inaccurate, only their 1/72 Macchi C.202 kit - and stand by that. While it had some interesting innovations for its day (vinyl tires, dry-transfer markings, optional prototype parts), the Hasegawa and Italeri kits have FAR better shapes and details.
  15. It's been a loooong while since I presented this build to the GB. So here's a little update. This is a pretty good kit. I had built it some years back, but time and storage weren't kind to it so this time I've decided to do it again but with more details added than my first foray . As usual, starting off with the cockpit, Overall a dark gray base coat followed by a dark wash to try and bring some details out and dabs of silver, white and red on the dials and controls along with a silver pencil to highlight more of the relief. Then some thin masking tape for the harness's So far so good and no drama.
  16. Gluing the fuselage together followed by the wings and center sections revealed numerous gaps, canyons actually. This will require a lot of filler. BUt since the panel lines are really finely etched all the seams are going to need masking tape to protect everything. The wing joins were especially nasty and needed some plastic rod to fill the gaps. before the filler. I anticipate some areas are going to need more than one application of filler. I hope I'll be able to get this and the red tail done before the end of the STGB. Keep your fingers crossed.
  17. Pete and Jeroen, Thanks for your comments ! Pete, indeed you are right, I had to modify the front fenders, because of the larger frontwheels and new front-axel, so I had to adjust their connection to the chassis, that was more work than making new ones ...:-) Another problem rose with the rather flimsy chassis rails, I had to make some additional inside stenghtening plates to keep the chassis straight and level, because the freightbox is rather heavy. Jeroen, I agree, the slightly bowed lines of the roof, in my opnion, fits well with the lines of this truck. Regards, JohnHaa On finals: Kleiber KD-4
  18. Maybe it is just the angle! Next is one of my own pics and is an ex Israeli A-4N
  19. Well its been a while. Time for an update. This little gem of a kit is not the easiest to wade through. After I started I found numerous threads bemoaning all its short comings. In fact I almost binned it on more than one occasion. But I'll show what I've gotten done so far. Starting off with the cockpit. This is probably the one area that went without much in the way of headaches. A little bit of interior green, a dark wash and highlighting a few boxes with some silver and red paint here and there. I should say cockpits.
  20. Here's some inspiration fir you all, taken at the Running Retros run at Headcorn Aerodrome on Sunday It's a bit of a beastie Chris
  21. The bridge (or part of it) painted and lightly weathered with my own interpretation of how the dazzle scheme looked like front and rear: and glued to the shelter deck: The dazzle scheme continues to frustrate me; it makes the build all so much harder and longer (partly due to my own incompetence 🤔). Anyway, it may not show in the photos but the scuttles have had a drop of Kristal Klear added to represent the glass ports (some of which were still drying as I took the pictures) and the bridge windows have very thin microscope slides glued behind for the same reason. I still need to paint the red and green patches on the bridge running light (?) housings and add the lights themselves......for another time. As always, one of the biggest issues is the constant displacement of pe parts once painted and fixed to the kit part. I lost count of the many times elements of the blast shield fell off during my repeated application of masking tape when applying the dazzle scheme! But.....another piece added. 276 hours completed.
  1. Load more activity