All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Actually, I lied about the roadwheels. They are the wider CR width but still have the Chieftain's reinforcing ribs. The spacing is different to Chieftain as the bogie swing arms are longer. Wider gap between wheels on each bogie but smaller gap between bogies.
  3. The have indeed Ian. I ended up cutting the gunners away from the guns leaving just the fixing lug and ring to fit into the turret. If I remember correctly the pilots use to look like the "Elephant" men? Simon.
  4. So when you're ready, looking forward to that WIP 😉
  5. The one external difference that gives away an ECM Gannet is the round aerial pedestal mounted to the forward bomb doors, sometimes an extra one was fitted further aft (see pic below). Other differences was the general aerial fit, this does seem to vary between ECM.6s so best option is to find references to the particular one that you want to build and that they often carried baggage pods (I wouldn't be at all surprised if it wasn't baggage inside them!). XG797 by David Whitworth, on Flickr
  6. What an absolute pain in the behind! Quite a few of my Eduard kits have fuselage halves that have a touch of the banana about them - inline-engined types like the P-51 and Spit. Hope the crack is an easy fix! Cheers, Mark
  7. It's a big job. But it should be feasible to cross-kit a CR1 with a Chieftain. The rear hull behind the firewall is almost pure CR. CR tracks and wheels. And skirts. No hull front swim rail. LH turret box instead of searchlight/TOGS. New commander's sight.
  8. Hmmm ..... this doesn't sound good at all! Thank you for your comprehensive reports, Dennis. Fortunately I have Icarus decals for the Greek. My fear will come with the nexxt one, the Dutch......
  9. Well, here's a thing. I was gluing up the fuselage halves, and the port side has actually cracked, just by the hole for the antenna post. I don't think I'm particularly heavy-handed, and I've never had this happen before. Possibly a weak point created by opening up that hole, exacerbated by solvent cement, but a bit of a surprise (I've also got some sticky finger marks on there - clumsy!). I'll let it set up and then carefully fill it - should be OK, but I risk messing up all that nice surface detail. Bah!
  10. Hi Steve. Thank you very much for your comments. I do like Vallejo's mud products, which reminds me, I must buy some more!! That's very kind of you Andy. thank you. Thank you very much Milan! Thank you very much Nenad. I haven't done many 1/72 AVFs for a while, but I have made quite a few in the past. Kind regards, Stix
  11. Source: https://www.facebook.com/LukGraph/posts/pfbid0ne41PqSU24hq4ZfxkVmnUg4ZiAC3kugbyTa3jpErLRC7FfNb7zeqTYUgexiJWP3Sl V.P.
  12. Looking great! Airfix have obviously come a long way since we had to glue the guns through a giant ring that was the gunners hands! Ian
  13. It does go quick. I've been checking regularly since they're a pretty good source for listing future releases and yesterday was the first I saw them. I like these new kits manufacturers come out with but the hardest part for me is having the patience of letting aftermarket companies catch up!
  14. Back to some non machine model making. Ref the cab interior photo posted earlier in the thread, I've started trial fitting and detailing the navigator/radio equipment. I found some black coated wire 0.3mm dia. for the radio handset [bought off eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/oneofoneartandcrafts ] And added some thickness to the air con outlet unit. On the photo a big light grey block is shown aft of the aircon outlet but I can't fathom what it is, although to me it does looked to be hinged down from the roof.
  15. Foremast. I've replaced the bottom yard with brass. Just a coat of paint to go.
  16. I've just turned 59, so theoretically have 8 more years until official retirement, but I have a cunning plan to jump early maybe in 3 years time, we have a few financial commitments that finish in 2026, once we clear those, I'll give up the day job (that involves a 45 mile over an hour commute) and look for something part time closer to home, to tide me over until official retirement. We're also thinking that at that stage we can go down to one car, although by that time Meg will be approaching 17, so she might inherit mum or dad's jallopy as her first motor 🚗
  17. Thanks Pete. That’s some really kind words 🙂
  18. Thanks Finn I will post more Danish Air Force planes in the future. I have all types of aircraft which have served in RDAF, either built or in my stash 🙂
  19. @TheyJammedKenny! Thanks for the info! Do you have a source for the engines? I looked online but couldn't see anything.
  20. Thanks @AliGauld, @Hamden, and @franky boy. Engine nacelles got a coat of NATO Black. And a second applied to the Wimpey. Let that dry then mask up for the camo, Dark Green over Dark Earth. Simon.
  21. Indeed I could These 2 were printed next to each other and are identical. On the left is the bottom, away from the build plate, and on the right is the top, where the supports were. Ian
  22. Today
  1. Load more activity