This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. If I remember correctly, if was originally that way as that was how the h34 had them. Westland changed in during upgrades as they found better control the other way. Rio
  3. Scribed control surfaces and solartrim rubbing done: Thanks for looking, Adrian
  4. Excellent. I didn't know 25 had re-formed. David
  5. I uncovered the intake blank to see how it looks in there now. The white has hidden the worst of the poor fit & it looks passable. Will still fit a FOD cover anyway And the main non unit decals are done & drying ahead of another clear coat
  6. Nope, I just picked up my stuff and moved here after selling off what little I owned. When I landed back on US soil from deployment, I knew the place I left was not the same place I had returned too, and within a week of being back home, I started planning to leave again. I considered the places I had not been too, South America and Asia were the two top choices. After considering my injuries and how much I would have to rely on the VA for health care, the pick was made for me. The Philippines is the only country outside the USA with a "permanent" VA care facility. I say that with quotes because it looks like they are getting closer and closer to shutting it down, the benefits they give all other veterans, are now being denied to veterans living here. It's a real shame, many guys have built lives here, have homes, investments, and now the VA is abandoning us here. Can't just leave to the USA again, but also can't afford to pay for our care out of our own pocket, then wait for 6 months hoping to be reimbursed, they could even deny the claim, and then you are out the money, and not getting it back. It is a real shame what they are doing to us. If I had known a decade ago that the VA would stop giving me treatment for my service connected injuries, I would not have moved here, but now I am stuck. Such is life, especially one where you are trapped in a socialized medical system, like the VA. As for using acrylics here, I did spray a rifle about 4 years ago with Tamiya and it went down fine and still looks good today, but Tamiya is not a true water based paint. More of a hybrid paint. I plan on trying Lifecolor (they have a lot of FS paints, no charts needed) and maybe some Mig paints as well. All else fails, I will go back to Tamiya fully, just hate that they don't have an FS line and some colors require mixing to even get close to the proper color. Looking good so far, making quick work of this kit, you might want to slow down, enjoy it a bit! Anthony
  7. I reiterate here the comment added to the Junkers, HP42, Percival and Anson builds, in regards of duty calling and having to take a break from the building board for a while. But hopefully will come back with renewed impetus for all the current builds. The decals and masks for this one are coming in the mail already. Cheers!
  8. A pair of EA-6A Intruders supporting the Red Flag exercise at Nellis AFB, July 1990. 151597 151600 Thanks for looking, Sven
  9. I reiterate here the comment added to the Junkers, Aero Commander, Percival and HP42 builds, in regards of duty calling and having to take a break from the building board for a while. But hopefully will come back with renewed impetus for all the current builds. The decals for this one are already in the mail coming to me. Cheers!
  10. Tangram. Tangerine Dream. 1980.
  11. So after years of being informed that Italeri had their 1/72 Wessex tail rotors rotating the wrong way, which all images appeared to validate, I was confused to find this image https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/142493 which shows the rotor rotating counter-clockwise as Italeri would have it. I understand that this is an HAS.1 Wessex so wondered if the rotation was specific to this mark but a quick Google doesn't show any other HAS.1's so fitted. Any ideas why this particular airframe appears to be unique?
  12. Good evening fellow Froggers Seeing as everyone is getting excited and posting their intended builds, I thought I'd follow suit and put my name in with a Frog Grumman A6A Intruder, F272 from 1970 to start with Seeing how time goes I may do a Vampire FB5 and Meteor IV as well as I don't think they are going to be long drawn out builds I'll have to post Pics later as Flikr is being a PITA and won't let me upload any pictures at the minute Ian
  13. I reiterate here the comment added to the Junkers, Aero Commander, Percival and Anson builds, in regards of duty calling and having to take a break from the building board for a while. But hopefully will come back with renewed impetus for all the current builds. Cheers!
  14. This was painted using Humbrol enamels (Gloss Black) and Humbrol Gloss Cote to finish once the decals were on. I don't have any problems with the Humbrol Top Cotes but I'm guessing that's because I use enamels?
  15. Chris, this must be the thousandth time I heard the same complaint, every time the subject of these decals comes up. Strange business practices...to say it extremely politely. Sorry you (and it seems very many others) were ripped. Breathe...breathe....
  16. Still plugging on. The pilot has taken his position in the cockpit. You might have noticed the clock missing, battery died on the phone! I have masked the cockpit, using an aftermarket set. The model has received a coat of Halford's Grey Plastic Primer followed by Vallejo Model Air Aluminium or the underside. Aim to get the Brown on the top side later tonight by 9:39pm Hamsphire have just lost!!!
  17. I hope Rudy gave you a good deal! Don't get to see the guys at King's very often- just when we go to the Austin club's annual contest in October. Mike
  18. Lost count of how many of the old Airfix daks I built. Always great fun with moving control surfaces and retractable undercarriage!
  19. Yup. BMF chrome disk punched with RP Toolz punch, then Eduard landing light, finish with 0.2mm PETG clear lens held on with Future like this:
  20. Well done, great build. What paint system / finish did you use, it looks good.
  21. Thanks John, glad you are around. Now the build has a knowledgeable guardian angel that will prevent it from stray too far from the righteous path. I reiterate the comment added to the Junkers build, in regards of duty calling and having to take a break from the building board for a while. But hopefully will come back with renewed impetus for the current builds. Cheers!
  22. PLC1966

Moving to the UK

Ipswich, at least you are only 18 miles from Colchester. And as well as Hannants just up the road, I genuinely believe the beaches of Suffolk and Norfolk are some of the best kept secrets of the UK. You not been to Vegas then ?
  23. Made a cardinal error and didn't photograph the clock as I kicked off. Hope that doesn't disqualify me? In the meantime, first two parts cut at joined at 5:04 from a 5pm start. The bottom half of the body clips on like so: Then the top half presses into place. Closed roof only, although I'm sure there must be half of BM thinking "I'd open that up, loads you could do in there" Wheels on next. I was reading last night that the Dingo had no provision for a spare wheel because it used run flat tyres. Add the box bit at the front, and that's construction complete. Note that while doing it, I snipped the remnants of the Bren gun off as it had been bashed and bent almost to oblivion. 20 minutes gone, time for a cuppa then on to painting and decalling. Not sure 23 more hours will be enough given the number of washes and dry brushing coats I normally use, but we'll see. Andy
  24. Hi Mike, John, Dennis and Giorgio (de sura o de sota?) for your kind welcome! Ciao Filippo
  1. Load more activity