All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks Neil & Dave, as it happens, I may well have identified it, having fiddled around some more with different search terms to what I had used before. I think it is the 1950s BP book of IATA Airline colours, published 1958, by John Stroud. Now to keep an eye out for one I can afford. Steve.
  3. Thanks chaps. Yes, I'm please but I have to say - and I might have said before - that I used Humbrol 27002 Polished Aluminium (enamel) for the bulk of the model. I used acrylic Vallejo Metals (White Aluminium, Duralumin and Chrome Steel) for the detail, like the speed brakes, the nose ring, jet pipe. They certainly produced really good results but I found that the White Aluminium was prone to scratching easily. It also lifted readily under masking tape even after I had given the tape a couple of applications on my craft board to lessen the adhesion. They did, though, repair readily with some thinned acrylic paint. She is now Glosscoted (with enamel Humbrol) and I will get on with decaling next week. Fortunately I have a full set of Icarus Greek decals (inc. stencils and tech markings) so it should be okay. I am a bit fearful of using the SH decals when I get to the next one :(. I have also got most of the "small bits" cleaned, primed and painted now too. What was your experience of the SH decals, Martin?
  4. Good afternoon Stuart Have fun with your build .. Best regards Patrice
  5. Fantastic Mig-15! Saluti Giampiero
  6. Oh really, maybe you ought to search out a photo of the real thing before making criticisms. Looks pretty accurate to me.🙂
  7. The mould cutting workshop knows how to do it, that's enough.
  8. Back with a problem - I have yet to work out exactly how I'll fix it, but I do like a challenge occasionally !! I didn't do much in the way of testing parts against the only plans I have. One good reason is the plans are not 1/72 scale, but are a convenient size for the book pages, oldies will remember Revell and the standard box idea. Here is the fuselage against the plans. Notice how the nose should drop away much more than the kit, even the under nose curve should be tighter. This meant that when I cut the nose off at the prop line the spinner is far too small to fill the extended hole !! It's not a fault you can live with, exactly how I'm going to overcome this is still uncertain, but will involve more cutting, patching and filling. One thing that has worked out well so far, is the making of brass outer struts. With anchor holes in the lower wing I have propped/rested the upper wing on, so even without glue, or careful aligning it sits there !! Just to bore you stiff - one of my last projects was a '00' Nu-cast white metal locomotive kit, fitted with digital control. Always lots to do. 'V'
  9. Yes, although I don't understand how it could be fixed cheaply/easily, as the recesses for these part have already been cut into the tool Unless the tool is not a complete block, so that they could switch that part of it out and replace it. I have no idea. Probably the easiest way is just to use empty space on the sprues/tool to redo these parts and ignore the old ones, like Kinetic has done with the fuel tank of their F-5A.
  10. Hello all Sorry but it's stupid question time Can anyone help please, on a Sea Mosquito when looking at the engine front-on in which direction did the propeller rotate, clockwise or anticlockwise? I know on a Sea Hornet the engines were "handed" and rotated oppositely to combat torque, as above in which direction did which propeller rotate? Cheers RR (Chris)
  11. Could it possibly have been one of the I-Spy series? I know they did a couple about aircraft although it was so long ago I don't remember any details.
  12. I really like this Lancia. I have same kit, but sadly in this kit there is so many shape issues and I haven't figured out how to fix those. We really need better kit.
  13. You don't need to retool whole mould, you may fix just one part on it. This is made on daily basis, that's why you have test sprues.
  14. I do hope they call it Bishop 2 after its Second World War look-alike.
  15. To be honest this P-38G looks much better in the flesh than on these photos but of course this is not the standard we are expecting nowadays. Unfortunately P-38s are not the subject many companies are interested in. I would say it's quite the opposite, a few manufacturers said they will not release it - tooling whole family will be expensive for sure while predicted return on investment is not the highest one. I have older release from RS Models (92127) and since there is no other option around I'll keep it.
  16. I saw a thread on another site mentioning increasing prices last year just after I had payed Premiums on my 2012 C-Max 2.0 Diesel and kept an eye out. Renewal time from Tesco and it was double the cost of last years, double. I quickly compared the market for other prices and found something lower than last years starting point. I called up Tesco and they didn't even try to drop the costs so obviously it was thanks but no thanks. I am sure like many others I have previously just let insurances roll over year on year but I sure won't be doing that in the future. Allowing for inflation etc had the insurance gone up by say 10% I would probably have gone with it, but 100% increase, I think not. Nothing had changed in the previous yet other than my car value going down.
  17. Having never seen the real car other than on an old CRT TV in the 1970's it's difficult to say! But to me personally I think the red it's in now is a bit too light (might be because of the white primer) and a bit too orange, no. 3 looks too dark, so I'd go with number 2. Also, I think with the white stripe added it will visually brighten the red a little too. Keith
  18. Today
  19. The moulds made by Amodel mean you shouldn't expect miracles, this will be another short run model for more advanced modellers. That doesn't mean it will be bad, it just won't self-assemble like the Tamiya. There's nothing unfair about that.
  20. I agree with Pete, I was going to say it gave it more atmosphere, but moody is a much better description! Simply excellent paint and weathering work Nick, it all looks brilliant! Keith
  21. With the MiG-15 built, time to get going on this pony. Fuselage parts removed from sprues, cleaned and ready for assembly. This 'bird' will be in flying configuration, so the propeller won't be used. Wing parts removed from sprues and ready for assembly. Undercarriage doors will be shut, so the wheel well part won't be used. Kit comes with separate parts for flaps and ailerons, useful as the flaps can be parked and I can add deflections to the ailerons. Stuart
  22. Cheers Andy, yeah feels like I'm making good progress with him
  23. Yeah that's some nice chipping! Impressive steady hand after a possum attack
  24. But only the wheel parts are misaligned/off, so in order to fix it, they have to redo or move the recess for the wheel parts on the steel tooling, without affecting the rest of the tooling. I mean just re do the tooling for one complete sprue is not cheap I think.
  25. Nice work Ian. I remember building one of these, back when Pontius was a pilot. Those tracks are certainly dark ages. John.
  26. I like this car too, and I'm also not much of a BMW fan. I have built only one and currently have only one other in the stash. Will be following along.
  1. Load more activity