All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yep, they were every bit as problematic as I thought they might be. In this particular case, I wanted to build this one OOB, else-wise I would have considered some aftermarket replacements. Thanks for the info re the Matador tracks. I will consider that should I build another.
  3. Ok! I give up! I'd never be able to do that whilst maintaining the consistency of the patterns and paint flow. WHAT'S YOUR SECRET???
  4. RAAF P-8 Poseidon, Anzac Day flypast very low directly over my house. AW
  5. Stunning!!! Your perseverance has paid off. Two lovely examples of when British aviation R&D was at its peak.
  6. Here's the breakdown: Royal Class - the very first limited edition box from the new kit family, filled with PE, resin parts, extensive decals sheet (usually 12-14 markings), sometimes even more extras and a little bit of magic straight from the local unicorn Limited Edition - box filled with PE, resin parts and extensive decals sheet (usually 12-14 markings), in case of Dual Combo you'll get parts (and extras) for two kits ProfiPack - box with colour PE and masks, decals usually with 6 markings Weekend - no extras, decals usually with 4 markings
  7. Multiple times I'm told ( I wasn't there, but I've seen the crime scene pictures...)
  8. So, not having bought a huge number of Eduard kits in the past, I feel a little out of touch with the marketing language .... "Profipack" is kit with all the extras, yes? "Weekend edition" is kit with no or very few extras? What is "Royal Class"? Does one anticipate a matching Royal Price, and if so, is there anything about the release to specifically justify that, or is it just a marker of "limited edition collectability" or some such (and if so, what would be the difference between a "Royal Class" release and a regular "Limited Edition" release)?
  9. Very nice weathering on all. Not too much and not too subtle. I especially like the stains on the underside of the Academy kit
  10. Check out the 9th photo in the 1st link. https://tailhooktopics.blogspot.com/2013/06/f4u-2-antennas-and-other-stuff.html?m=1 Same photo from Vought https://www.vought.org/products/html/f4u-2.html You can see the dark paint sprayed over the intermediate blue. The non-spec white is still on the lower fuselage as you can see the landing gear door/dive brakes. https://i.imgur.com/xoGHr2A.jpg
  11. You are very welcome, if anybody else wants some for their Sword effort or any of the older kits, and has a 3D printer, send me a pm with an email and I will send you the STL file. If I can figure out how.😁
  12. Today
  13. There were two babies in the hospital nursery. The first one said "Hi! I'm a little girl baby! The second one said "Hi! I'm a little boy baby!" "How do you know you're a boy baby?" "I'll show you". He reached down, grabbed his nightgown by the bottom and pulled it up over his head. "See? Blue booties!"
  14. Hi nice model I must get around to making the ones i have in the stash but being an ex SRC devonport dockie .... i will get around to it one day cheers jerry
  15. I bought a couple of sets from SBS. Now Metalic Details has issued a similar set. I would be thankful if you would post your progress picks!!
  16. I've got some more colour onto those AP bombs, but there is a lot of tidying up to do. That's not a great photo as I'd already packed everything away before remembering I had not got a picture of them so they are just under the bedside light instead of on the workbench. I have not got the colour change between the tail assemblies, the bodies and the nose cones in exactly the same place for all four so I shall have to re do those being more careful. I reprofiled the nose cones as the originals were quite asymmetric. They're better but not great. I have seen different descriptions of the pale green on the noses. Some sources say it was a band indicating the bombs were filled with shellite, others say it was the whole nose cones to mark the bombs as armour piercing. I will add the white-red-white bands once I'm happy with the base colours. I want the bodies to look as if they were originally buff, have been repainted in the field into a khaki green and have then sat in an open bomb dump for many, many months. It's all a work in progress. Onwards and Upwards.
  17. After the day I had at work today, I needed to relax. I decided to start pre-shading this bird. I'm reminded of a line from the John Wayne movie "Big Jake": "Oh, mister. You shouldn't of ought'a done that." It looks like it was done by an epileptic baboon with a bad case of the DTs! Definitely not an example of my best work! 😳 I think I over thinned the paint. I was using a double action brush at about 10 psi, trying to get in close enough to see what faint panel lines there are on this kit! Maybe tomorrow I'll flip it over and do the top. Never try to do detail work when you're frazzled.
  18. Very nice looking Zimm… looks like you nailed it. It’s not something I’ve tried myself, but I sympathise with your milliput and green stuff woes. One of them is too sticky and the other not sticky enough, but I’ve found that if you mix them together (50/50) they hit the Goldilocks zone very well.
  19. Great stuff… dad and lad time - hurrah! I got into modelling about that age, and had great fun with my kids when they hit 9 or 10 and joined me for some modelling. I’m sure you’ll make a great teacher and look forward to seeing the results of your joint effort!
  20. I took screen shot’s of both to read and study in the future.
  21. That price can't be correct. I've emailed them for confirmation. Will keep you posted.
  1. Load more activity