This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. New boxing - ref. 10315 - Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien/"Tony" - silver plated Source: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/1147696-tamiya-10315-kawasaki-ki-61-id-hien-tony V.P.
  3. BIG X

Another Short's Stirling.

Really nice looking job Steve - I think you made an excellent decision to go 100% NATO black first - the dark earth overcoat hasn't suffered it looks spot on
  4. perdu

Compucolour/DBI Paints: the full range

I haven't thought much about it but being 'from' back in the day when these were current paints I'd add a small dab of thinner to help eke it out for brushing, on the basis of "when it's gone its gone and you'll wish it wasn't" and add decent amounts of thinners if you intend spraying with it I wish I could pop round to my LMS and collect new supplies as and when...
  5. thanks Roman! There are always glitches, almost no model really turns out as intended. But we can live with it
  6. 3DStewart

Why is life unkind for some people

It's difficult to answer this without going into philosophical and religious beliefs, which I think are against house rules. Scratched corneas will heal and I hope that life will restore the happiness to your fiancée that she's currently missing.
  7. John D.C. Masters

Chill out with a 504...

Thank you...I will! And I'm looking to get back into the fray Sunday evening...
  8. GREG DESTEC

Mitsubishi A6M2b 'Zero'

Very nice, tastefully weathered. Well done
  9. BIG X

Chill out with a 504...

Brilliant job John - enjoy your break - I love the gallery pictures
  10. stevehnz

1:72 Hawker Persian Fury

Now that is some pretty smart modelling, this is looking ever so interesting. Steve.
  11. John D.C. Masters

Chill out with a 504...

Thank you Cliff. The backdrop I picked up fro the Big Yellow Store and I use it for quite a few little scenes. It seems pretty generic. It works.
  12. BIG X

Tim's Avenger

Bagsy I get the rear turret gunners position - daga daga daga daga - There goes another Jap... This looks like it could be a lot of fun.
  13. More Thud-workings? I'll follow along, taking notes on the way...
  14. 3DStewart

An interesting piece of hyperbole

"A spokeswoman emphasized that Revell explicitly distances itself from any kind of glorification of wars and the Nazi period." If this was true they wouldn't produce any German WWII subjects. I wonder if the real reason for it's withdrawal is poor sales?
  15. Lawzer

Tim's Avenger

Proper old school!!
  16. Steve86

Hello from Derbyshire

Hi Todd, welcome along enjoy painting your figures!
  17. Homebee

Kitty Hawk Su-34 1/48 - render - March

Dedicated intake covers by Kokopelli Scale Designs Sources: https://www.kokopelliscaledesigns.com/blank-1/su-34-intake-cover-for-kittyhawk-kit https://www.facebook.com/KokopelliScaleDesign/posts/375310036294899 V.P.
  18. The Tomohawk Kid

An interesting piece of hyperbole

https://www.thelocal.de/20180619/toy-nazi-ufo-taken-off-market-after-criticism Thomo
  19. Magic pics Adey, thanks for sharing
  20. Probably very short. - we messed up the colors - it doesn't matter anymore... now what's the status of the Farley Fruitbat project ?
  21. stevehnz

MIG-21MF 1/72 Mistercraft

HI Jovac, nice build, great scheme. I've long thought of a couple of Somali birds, were these kit decals or an after market sheet? Steve.
  22. Bullbasket

1/35 Meng Leopard 2A7

That's a cracking job that you've done there. Excellent paint job and weathering. Nice one. John.
  23. Thanks mate; yes the newer Tamiya kits are justifiably held up as exemplars of good fit and clever engineering and I can only concur Thank you very much Håkan Thanks mate - I think it is one of the best looking Japanese single-engined fighters and that in itself is a pretty crowded field, but with the inline engine I can see why it was originally reported as a Macchi 202 (and apparently hence the reporting name "Tony" for its Italian connotation). The only thing I would say - I will not suggest that you are a masochist but you do seem to enjoy the struggle to produce a great model from a less-than-optimal kit so you might find this one a bit 'vanilla' Indeed it does - I found this Japanese walkaround of an aircraft restored by Kawasaki; I would not use it as a guide for painting a natural metal finish as it was painted post-war and has now had the paint stripped off, but it has some interesting details and it seems to bear out my confidence in our paint and that the interior colour was indeed more a pale buff green than a desert yellow - also that the Colourcoats ACJ23 Propeller Colour is correctly a very dark brown with a hint of red rather than the brick-red colour often used on models. Cheers, Stew
  24. After the 1/48th (link) & 1/72nd (link) kits, Dora Wings is to release 1/144th Bell P-63A/C Kingcobra kits - ref. ? Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2183038905260008&id=1929101897320378 Test sprues V.P.
  1. Load more activity