Hobby Boss 1/48 scale F/A-18C Hornet VMFA-314

Hobby Boss 1/48 scale F/A-18C Hornet VMFA-314

Here's a commission I've been working on, It's one of three in the fantastic digital camo of VMFA-314.

Not a copy of the real aircraft, more of an interpretation of mine on it, so no emails telling me there's a pixel in the wrong place LOL. There are a few decals still to go on ( Knights helmets etc) but they are to be put on by the client at his end. Hope you like them.

Phil.

FA-18C_Digital_1.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_2.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_3.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_4.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_5.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_7.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_9.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_11.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_12.jpg

FA-18C_Digital_14.jpg

Superb, really nice job... Is this kit as bad as people say??? Ive managed to get a Hasegawa F-18 but was just wondering what the bad points are on this kit..

Cheers,

Neil

Having built a few hundred Hasegawa 1/48 hornet's, it's not the Hasegawa kit and the intake are a horrible shape or thou they do fit better the Hasegawa's, the hobby boss kit goes together very well, as good as the Hasegawa and you do get a full weapons load too.

The three things I don't like are the intakes (wrong shape), Canopy (over sized a bit I think) and no Clear parts for the lights)

The Same problem as the Hasegawa in no Flair or Chaff Buckets.

All said, I do like the Hobby boss kit. :thumbsup2:

Phantastic camo Phil. You're a lucky devil to have the talent to be a pro, and make a living on it.

great work..

Skybert

Thanks guys

I got a email from the client how commissioned all three of them, Saying how mush he loved them an to make arrangements for getting the shipped extra and at the bottom of a very long email about other projects and thing he put this.

I know you've had a hard time recently and that your always saying that you don't have any of you own models as there all commissions, well the third one is for you to keep as a thanks for all the work you put into the models....................

So now you will be able to see one at Telford (If we ever get around to booking a trade stand)

So now I'm one happy bunny :D