Hunting Penguins?

The other is from an Xtradecal sheet, XF526 in service with No.4 Fighter Training School in 1972. This has Signal Red outer wings, tailplanes, fuselage underside and spine, Light A/c Grey inner wings, and white upper fueslage and tailfin.

Uh Oh Chris - the GB dates are 1960 - 1969 mate. The Hunters didn't go RW&G until early 1970's

:lol: quit squabbling you two! :rolleyes: Carry on Chris... you seem to have your heart set on a nice colourful scheme, so we'll make an exception JUST for you ;)

What's JMN btw? PM me if you'd rather, enquiring minds need to know :fuhrer:

On a related topic, I've assembled the wings this morning. The fit of the wingtips and dog-tooth outer leading edges was less than wonderful. Is this just me, or have other people experienced similar problems?

Hi Chris,

I've had exactly the same problem on both Hunters I've started (at different times). It's definitely the worst fitting part of the kit, but I resolved the luckily oversize fit of leading edge/wingtips to wings by aggressive use of a very persuasive file and sandpaper. They eventually behaved..... but my recollection of the first instance helped with the second one by allowing the parts to dry really well before attempting the remediation.

Anyway, sorry for banging on.... all the best with your build.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi again Chris,

I hope your Hunters are continuing well, and thanks for posting the picture of your solution to the wing root/intake problem. I've just had a look at this area on my two semi-complete kits and think that they'd be a bit better had I given them this treatment. Oh well..... at the time I was much more interested in getting them together than achieving a perfect representation. Your build and others are quite inspirational and I'm rapidly leaning towards a choice of subject for this Group Build. I really like Hunters and I have a scheme in mind which falls into the required time frame - most of my intended schemes are later, in keeping with two-thirds of my British interests (the remainder being pre-60s).

Anyway, as usual I've written too much and modelled not enough. Keep up the great work.

regards,

Andrew.

Chris,

To solve your paint spatter problem on the model, I can recommend a set of Micromesh polishing cloths. Use the 3600 grit to smooth out any rough spots, and you shouldn't have to repaint the model or touch up. Neat solution to the intake problem too.

Jens

Hi Chris,

At last instalment your Hunters looked really good; I hope that all continues well for them. I guess that you've probably not got much to go - I look forward to seeing your progress. Thanks are due to Andy, Sean and you for reminding me that it's such a straightforward kit and therefore a great choice for this GB.

Cheers for now,

Andrew

Now, for your choice of a Krill pastie of a Trout toastie :eat: , what's missing?

Cheers,

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I can't guess what's missing; perhaps the odd Chinstrap? Wait....... is it some bags for an extra 7 minutes of flying? Please tell........ Great pics of some excellent Hunters though. It looks like I'll be the only goon not to have finished a Hunter by close of Group Build, judging by the rate you, Sean and Andy Mullen build at. I'm doing what I can to make progress, but our version of the Admiralty is not very amenable to my requests for leave so that I can actually do some modelling. Pity, as I have a cunning plan.......

Anyway, thanks for sharing the pics and well done to complete the two so quickly and colourfully.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Hi Chris,

May I please have a trout toastie; the toasties we have onboard are ordinary, to say the least. For some reason the kits look even better with the tanks added. I guess I'm just used to seeing them in photos with them on. Does anyone have any guess as to when Revell might release an FGA.9 boxing, with the bigger bags (among other additions)?

What's next Chris - is there space in the colony for a GA.11?

Bye for now,

Andrew.

And Andrew - here's your Trout Toastie:

six.jpg

Ooooohhhhh, all exotic like......... That's definitely better than what we get onboard; glad I went with that instead of a krill pastie. Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Andrew (mouth now watering)

Does anyone have any guess as to when Revell might release an FGA.9 boxing, with the bigger bags (among other additions)?

Don't know when, but they definately will - some lucky peeps got their F.6's with the sprue gates not closed off properly resulting in a free bonus FGA.9 tailpipe B) As to whether it will have the bigger drop tanks, I dunno. But I would guess yes based upon their 1/32 FGA.9, and their propensity for free stores in their kits.