What airshows will you be going to this year?

J35 Draken

Think I'll pop over to Waddington if the weather's nice - it's only an hour away. Dunno about Fairford - rather depends if they get anything worth going to see - I have a feeling they won't in which case I'll save my thiry-odd quid for some plastic! I've kinda given-up on air shows - I was lucky to have been at lots of the really good shows back in the 70's and 80's so shows these days are a bit of a bore in comparison - same old stuff again and again. I inevitably spend most of the time looking round kit stalls but as these have dwindled recently, even that little pleasure is being denied! Oh well, I'll wait and see what unfolds - maybe something interesting will pop up as the year progresses, you can never tell, besides, it looks like there will be more than enough kits to keep me (and everyone else) busy - plus I got more soddin' books to write aaargh!

After our ordeal at RIAt last yr ( missed the F-15, F-117 , Flanker , B-1B oh heck the best sh*t!! :mg::angrysoapbox.sml: ) waiting for hours in the traffic queue that stretched for enternity...

I think I may just pop down to 1 or 2 bases , time and distance permitting and do some shoots.

Quite jealous of you doing 5 days of RIAT,

Wait and see what the weather does first mate- I might end up being jealous of those that stayed at home :raincloud:;)

RE the 70s and 80s shows, yes it's chalk and cheese (see some of the 'golden oldies' threads on UKAR for proof). Unfortunately at that time I was going with a pair of uncles who were what you could call (not too unkindly) 'Spotters', so we rarely stayed long for the flying display. Also my years away from the hobby (roughly 1989-2004) coincided with some of the better Fairford shows. No use crying about it now though (though it was a massive missed, and never to be repeated opportunity), I just have to make the best of what's available, same as the organisers.

Steve.

Lads,

Hope to be going to a few in the UK this year

Kemble

Biggen

Yeovilton

Waddo

RIAT on Sat

Legens on Sun

RIAT Depatures on Mon

and

French tiger meet and show.

and maybe, Very maybe Leuchars......

Thats the plan

G

Must admit that with the aircraft display line being so far back (like in the next County), even with a big lens I was finding it difficult to photograph stuff and that has put me off shows a bit. Also with defence cuts, aircraft retirements, overseas deployments etc etc etc you will get a limited static park at shows these days. I do miss the days of F-111's, Buccaneers, Lightnings, Hunters etc. I think my best memory of F-111's is the 4 ship takeoff's at Upper Heyford, ground trembling stuff indeed! :)

i got away with it last year cos i'd just got back from Iraq but the previous year was poo. heres hoping that now im on flight test, i might get on the salvage crew for the day. i can cope with being tractor'd from beer tent to beer tent!

Mirimar as always

Edwards if it happens.

Possibly Yuma or Nellis (fancy a roadtrip)

and toying with the idea of going to the Reno air races.

anyone wanna meet up with me? I'm buying the funnel cake.

anyone wanna meet up with me? I'm buying the funnel cake.

If only! ...

I'd love to go to Edwards, if only to stand on the place where it all happened. Just finishing off Tom Wolfe's '"The right stuff", which is required reading for anyone interested in aviation / the space program. Such a legendary place it'd be almost hallowed ground for me.

One day...

Steve.