What airshows will you be going to this year?

J35 Draken

Most of the events have announced their dates for this year and some early participation has been announced already. So what shows will you be going to this year?

Hopefully for me it'll be..

Southend

Biggin Hill

Kemble

Waddington

RIAT

Clacton

and maybe one of the Farnborough trade days!

And if there's another BM meeting at RIAT can we have it during lazy lunch pleeease? ^_^

Gave up going to airshows after being stuck in traffic at Cosford, 2 hours to get in and 4 hours to get out, the getting in wasn't so bad but the getting out was terrible, no traffic marshalls. Never seen it so bad and I have been going there for years.

Cheers

Den

Definitely Biggin (Sat) and Kemble in June (great shows last year). Then in July it's Waddo Friday arrivals (subject to work commitments), or the Saturday if I can't get time off, followed by five days at RIAT. Somewhere around those I'll fit in at least one trip each to Old Warden and Duxford. As it's only just down the road from me I must try to get to Little Gransden too. At least having Legends and RIAT at the same time has saved me £30 admission to Duxford that weekend.

Not air shows as such, but I'd also like to spend at least one day each at Conningsby and Lakenheath this year.

RE BM meet at Fairford, what would also be good was if we could have it in (or adjourn to) an area where we can watch the show while we chat and maybe drink a pint or two. That way the guys who are down for the one day don't have to miss anything while we're chatting (like the BBMF last year).

Please let it be drier this summer! :please::pray:

Steve.

Bruntingthorpe......as many times as possible.

Waddo

Fairford

Elvington

Would like to have gone to Legends too but the planners have dropped a ball there.

John.

Oh for the old days though.........

Dreaming of RAF Binbrook and Finningley.

Well...

Duxford Flying Legends

Shoreham

Biggin Hill

Also intending to get to a few of the Old Warden evening air displays. Only been to one so far but it was wonderful.

:giles:

Darius

Edited by Darius at Home

Northolt - Is that classed as an air display ?

Waddington - was going to Yeovilton but the hotel I normally stay at is fully booked for a wedding

Fairford

Might take a treck up to Connignsby and Waddington later in the year for some photography.

RE BM meet at Fairford, what would also be good was if we could have it in (or adjourn to) an area where we can watch the show while we chat and maybe drink a pint or two. That way the guys who are down for the one day don't have to miss anything while we're chatting (like the BBMF last year).

Good call Steve, missed the only good weather display of the RNLAF F16 last year 'cos we were quite far away from the action :( Quite jealous of you doing 5 days of RIAT, would love to do FRIAT again but it's just so expensive!

The only one I know for sure is the Danish Air Show 2008 at Karup AB in Denmark (and the spotter day before the show).

In fact, I am involved in the planning of certain things in relation to that airshow, so I guess I'll get my share. :hypnotised:

Regards,

Well living just down the road from Duxford- it will be on the cards at some point no doubt- but I;m needing time out from Flying Legends at the mo.

Kemble is possibly the UK's best airshow, but the ubershow is of course Fairford, and I'm thinking tents, barbie, beer, men, wimmin, suncream and shorts