Another build for me.... FINISHED.

Muller

No one is doing a build for the 'other fellas', so I just bought this on fleabay....

fb88_1.jpg

It's coming from hong kong so it'll be here in about 10 days..... I hope!

Just copped its an A6M5c, were they involved in the campaign?? :huh:

Edited by Muller

• 3 months later...

I resisted the urge to start another armour build and started my Zeke. Got a fair bit done. LOTS of (poor quality!) pics.

SWMBO was away visiting her sister in Kerry for the weekend, so no chores to interfere with the modelling :wicked:

It's my 1st Tamiya kit, compared to ICM's offerings, it went together with no problems!

Cockpit done, scatched harness.

SL380497.jpg

Fuselage & wings on, primed. (Halfords rattle-cans)

SL380498.jpg

SL380499.jpg

Painted and decals on. WEMJapanesenavy paints.

SL380501.jpg

SL380502.jpg

SL380503.jpg

Discovered a new way of holding a plane on its side when applying awkward little decals.

SL380505.jpg

Engine and undercarraige on, wash of pastels applied.

SL380506.jpg

SL380507.jpg

1st time I've built a plane with the flaps down, Tamiya make it easy to do! :thumbsup2:

SL380509.jpg

Also gave it a coat of Klear before the wash, so it's not a dirty as my previous builds.

SL380510.jpg

SL380514.jpg

SL380516.jpg

SL380517.jpg

Still have the guns, drop-tank and canopy to stick on and a few other little bits. I

'm still not sure if I'll weather it with lots of bare metal showing or just a bit around the cockpit. I might ruin it!

Thanks for looking! :)

Thanks Erwin :)

Finished it this weekend, decided to go for heavy weathering, lots of worn paint! :wicked:

Here's the pics, will post a few more in the finished gallery.

SL380522.jpg

SL380523.jpg

SL380526.jpg

SL380528.jpg

SL380531.jpg

SL380532.jpg

SL380538.jpg

SL380545.jpg

SL380544.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Ok Muller, I give up, address please so I can send my paints & brushes :yikes: Shes a stunner, no doubt there matey, the weathering, stains & prop chippings is the Dogs Danglies :thumbsup2:

Bexy

Very good.Love the heavy weathering which is not too heavy considering the conditions that these aircraft were operating in. :goodjob:

I was worried i might have overdone it a bit! :D

Not at all!!!!

Great model.

Thanks again for the kind words folks. :)

I wasn't sure if I'd gone overboard or not. The dark green staining was a complete fluke. I'd given it a coat of clear before the dirty wash. Then I did the silver bits with Hu11 on a bit of sponge. I really did over do the metal showing through, so I went back over it with WEM Mitsubishi Green on a bit of sponge, and sponged some Hu19 on the Hinomaru. I forgot to give it another coat of clear before another dark wash, so the paint got stained darker. I was luck to get away with it! :whistle:

It's true, it's rare to see such heavy weathering look just right.

I am still in awe, however, at this brilliant way to support a model :clap2:

Discovered a new way of holding a plane on its side when applying awkward little decals.

SL380505.jpg