NIMROD ALERT

entlim

A bit off topic, but the Tardis & figures has to be seen to be believed. It's a quality kit :)

Ok, playing by the rules of Six degrees of Kevin Bacon...

Doctor Who's script editor in the 70s was Douglas Adams.

Douglas Adam's wrote "Hitch Hikers" which starred Geoffrey McGivern.

Geoffrey McGivern was in "Ed Reardon's Week".

In "Ed Reardon's Week" the title character had a cat called "Elgar".

Elgar wrote "The Enigma Variations" which included...

NIMROD!

There's always the Kawasaki P-1 :analintruder:

800px-XP-1.jpg

And at least that would mean a kit by Hasegawa - maybe not so much whining about fit, detail and accuracy as an Airfix kit sight unseen? Or maybe not? :shrug:

Is that a four engine 737?

You KNOW I like JASDF stuff- good idea Hasegawa- lets have one of those pls

NIMROD!

Was the cat's Christian name Edward and did he wear a large droopy moustache? If not, I think I might have spotted a flaw in your logic!

peebeep :pipe:

Ok, playing by the rules of Six degrees of Kevin Bacon...

Doctor Who's script editor in the 70s was Douglas Adams.

Douglas Adam's wrote "Hitch Hikers" which starred Geoffrey McGivern.

Geoffrey McGivern was in "Ed Reardon's Week".

NIMROD!

Damn Jonathan, that's quite an elaborate connection! Slightly nauseating too :wacko:

:viking:

Was the cat's Christian name Edward and did he wear a large droopy moustache? If not, I think I might have spotted a flaw in your logic!

peebeep :pipe:

Ayup Paul...

And did he ride a bicycle and look up ladies skirts too? :hypnotised:

You KNOW I like JASDF stuff- good idea Hasegawa- lets have one of those pls

No, its a completely new aircraft to replace the P-3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kawasaki_P-1

No announcement by Hasegawa yet, but you gotta figure they'll do one in 1/200. Maybe in 1/72 one day? :shrug:

And for all the whining about our over-budget, late, not working defense projects - the Japanese make us look like the very height of efficient proffesionalism! B)

And for all the whining about our over-budget, late, not working defense projects - the Japanese make us look like the very height of efficient proffesionalism! B)

Yeah, Super Xs, Maser tanks, flying submarines, Markalites... oh wait, those are movies.

Dang!

I was so glad I've got one of the Nimrods on order after seeing the built shots from the Airfix stand but now I want at least one more!

No, it's a four-engined total waste of the Japanese taxpayers' money is what it is. They'll live to regret building it (if they don't already). It makes a 737 look huge by comparison. They could have been in on the ground floor of the P-8 program, but chose to go their own way at *MASSIVE* expense and effort - all to no really good purpose IMHO. Everybody I know who knows anything about the P-8 is scratching their head over this boondoggle.

J

They could have been in on the ground floor of the P-8 program, but chose to go their own way at *MASSIVE* expense and effort - all to no really good purpose IMHO.

I was tempted to say remind you of anyone else....France? Look where they are now as a result. Then I remembered that the Japs can't export arms still.

I was tempted to say remind you of anyone else....France? Look where they are now as a result. Then I remembered that the Japs can't export arms still.

Well lat time I looked France was a country that actually has a naval air arm that operates aircraft from carriers. Unlike.... answers on a postcard please.

No, it's a four-engined total waste of the Japanese taxpayers' money is what it is. They'll live to regret building it (if they don't already). It makes a 737 look huge by comparison. They could have been in on the ground floor of the P-8 program, but chose to go their own way at *MASSIVE* expense and effort - all to no really good purpose IMHO. Everybody I know who knows anything about the P-8 is scratching their head over this boondoggle.

J

Probably couldnt be arsed waiting on the USN to realise its Orions that it thought it had in massive reserve have either been sold off by Lockheed to various Allies and the rest were getting worn out quicker than expected as the post Cold War era has had them doing more mileage than originally thought.

Note how quickly the P-8 is being pushed through once it was realised that the Orions wouldnt last out quite as long as expected!!!

However in the 90's the USN was happy to wait leaving the UK to revamp the Nimrods, Japan to find its own follow on to Orion and the rest of the world to buy up the USN Orion reserves....

Still it would be nice to see the P-1 in kit form, the fact its not an Orion adding to its charm as its unusual if a little on the ugly side !!!

G

G