Class C Racing Truck.

Diesel Gypsy

Many thanks for the comments & encouragement folks.

I've got the decals on today. They were a bit fiddy & I did have to scratch me`ol loaf once or twice but they look ok.

So heres some pics, I hope you'll like em.

2008_0825MS-GB80001.jpg

2008_0825MS-GB80002.jpg

2008_0825MS-GB80003.jpg

2008_0825MS-GB80004.jpg

To finish her off I've got to add the air intakes on the rear of the cab, turbos, wipers, grab handles & a couple of badges.

I think this'll be the last post before the finish line.

Untill next time

COOL! :thumbsup:

Karl.

I second that!! Great build Dave, the decals really set it off. And its pretty unusual too, I can't say I've ever seen one of those built before?!

Excellent job, & congrats on finishing her for the deadline!

Keef

Thank you Keef & Karl.

As a final post i thought I'd share this with you;

I dont know if anybody'll be interested or not but I thought I'd post a pic of my bench or should I say Borg Alcove. Its where I built the truck & infact all my models. Its only 2ft 4" wide & I have everything close at hand, & its MY space, my little Hobbit Hole.

2008_0825MS-GB880001.jpg

Move over Frodo fat Hobbit coming through.

TTFN.

Hi Folks.

:yahoo: I'm done :yahoo:

Finished her off today with little bits & bobs like; Ariel’s, Light lenses & a scratch built window net.

Here she is then

2008_0828MS-GB990011.jpg

2008_0828MS-GB990007.jpg

2008_0828MS-GB990005.jpg

I've realy enjoyed the build although its been taxing at times.

Many thanks to all of you for your comments, help & encouragement, its been a slice :thumbsup2:

Untill next time.

Many thanks everyone.

keefr22 Posted Today, 07:08 PM

The window net looks really good - what did you make it out of?

Its 1mm Micro Masking Tape Keef.

I first made a frame, the size I wanted the finished net to be, with ordinary 3M masking tape layed sticky side up on a sheet of glass.

Then placing strips of 1mm tape I built up a grid in the frame, sticking the Micro Tape to the 3M. I placed each strip of Micro at right angles to the previous strip thus building up a kind of weave.

When I'd filled the frame I folded the frame edges over to capture the micro tape. I then used a permanent red marker pen to colour the net.

The tricky bit now was pealing the net from the glass without it all unravelling. Once I'd done that I had some talc powder on my finger & dabbed it on the sticky side of the micro tape which made it much easer to place where I wanted it in the truck window.

Many thanks everyone.

Its 1mm Micro Masking Tape Keef.

I first made a frame, the size I wanted the finished net to be, with ordinary 3M masking tape layed sticky side up on a sheet of glass.

Then placing strips of 1mm tape I built up a grid in the frame, sticking the Micro Tape to the 3M. I placed each strip of Micro at right angles to the previous strip thus building up a kind of weave.

When I'd filled the frame I folded the frame edges over to capture the micro tape. I then used a permanent red marker pen to colour the net.

The tricky bit now was pealing the net from the glass without it all unravelling. Once I'd done that I had some talc powder on my finger & dabbed it on the sticky side of the micro tape which made it much easer to place where I wanted it in the truck window.

Cheers Dave,

That's a good method - I shall store that away for my next NASCAR build. Whenever in the dim & distant future that may be....!!!

Keef