Oiii you- Philmstar!

Mentalguru

the flaps?

Just tried them in the "up" position, and when in this placement, the trailing edge of the flap lies behind the trailing edge of the wing by getting on for 1mm- or at least it was that way on both wings o nthe one I'm doing.

Did you- or anyone else- notice this. trying to correct it is not easy...

Are you refering the the Leading Edge Flaps/LEFs?

The LEFs of the F-16 set at 2 degrees nose up, not level. To acheive this setting in the 48th Tamiya F-16CJ, simply cut the "inside tabs" on the inboard edges of the LEFs before you join the upper forward fuselage.

To "drop" the trailing edge flaps (flaperons to be more specific) full down, select the horizontal (level with the plane of the airfoil) tabs and cut them away, then insert the flaperon into the wing.

Mike V

Are you refering the the Leading Edge Flaps/LEFs?

The LEFs of the F-16 set at 2 degrees nose up, not level. To acheive this setting in the 48th Tamiya F-16CJ, simply cut the "inside tabs" on the inboard edges of the LEFs before you join the upper forward fuselage.

To "drop" the trailing edge flaps (flaperons to be more specific) full down, select the horizontal (level with the plane of the airfoil) tabs and cut them away, then insert the flaperon into the wing.

Mike V

Mike- I'm talking about the TRAILING edge of the landing flaps. if you build them in the UP position, when viewed in PLAN view, they do not go forward enough so that the "back" of the wing is a straight line.

Also, with the canopy shut- there appears to be a nasty little step on the forward edge of the canopy-

Obviously I am the first person who noticed this a crap modeller

Mike- I'm talking about the TRAILING edge of the landing flaps. if you build them in the UP position, when viewed in PLAN view, they do not go forward enough so that the "back" of the wing is a straight line.

Also, with the canopy shut- there appears to be a nasty little step on the forward edge of the canopy-

Obviously I am the first person who noticed this a crap modeller

The canopy problem happens every time, you need to take a little off the inside of the canopy so it will close. Or build it open.

So summing up!, the kit it great as long as you have it with the canopy open and flaperons (great word) Down :analintruder:

The canopy problem happens every time, you need to take a little off the inside of the canopy so it will close. Or build it open.

So summing up!, the kit it great as long as you have it with the canopy open and flaperons (great word) Down :analintruder:

Agreed- it's given me a lot of enjoyment to be sure.

I am soo nearly at the painting stage- just can't decide which paints to use. Either Gunze or Model Air- Phil, do you happen to have the correct Model Air bottle numbers..?

Ta

Agreed- it's given me a lot of enjoyment to be sure.

I am soo nearly at the painting stage- just can't decide which paints to use. Either Gunze or Model Air- Phil, do you happen to have the correct Model Air bottle numbers..?

Ta

Yep, for the model air you need 049, they call it medium grey FS36270 the light gray and 053 they call it Dark see green for FS36118 Gunship grey.

Actually they are truly called flaperons. It is the official name for those surfaces as they act as ailerons in flight and flaps during takeoff and landing. During the takeoff and landing sequence the full swing horizontal stabs act as ailerons reducing the need for actual ailerons on the wings. make sense?? :)

There will be a quiz later on. :closedeyes: