X-wing & TIE fighter cockpits

Mike

I can't find all my old Star Wars picture books, and want to start one of my Finemolds 1:72 kits soon(ish), so would appreciate some a-ssistance ;)

Aye, I've got a shitload of books somewhere on the subject, as I used to be Starwars MAD as a kid, but I couldn't tell you where they are at the moment... Guess I should use my bloody fingers & search the net, as there's bound to be plenty online :doh: I have NO idea why it didn't occur to me sooner :fraidnot: Anyway - it's had to go on hold now the GB has started :)

Mike which manufactures kits are they. I can only find Revell and Fine Mold kits - would truely love to have a go at Fine Mold's 1:72 Mellennium Falcon, but it's a bit on the expensive side (£110.62 inc. p&p from HLJ) :(

B)-->

QUOTE(Paul B @ May 6 2007, 12:32 PM)
Mike which manufactures kits are they. I can only find Revell and Fine Mold kits - would truely love to have a go at Fine Mold's 1:72 Mellennium Falcon, but it's a bit on the expensive side (£110.62 inc. p&p from HLJ) :(

They're Finemolds, which I imported from Japan (HLJ to be precise) for about the same price as ONE kit bought in the UK. I didn't get hit for import duty either :D

I'd love to have ago at the Falcon too, but I begrudge that sort of money. I did have a "built" (and I use the plrase loosely) MPC version in my parents' loft, but how complete it'd be if I retrieved it now, I don't know :hmmm:

Ordered a Fine Molds X-Wing and Tie Intercepter yesterday from HLJ. I think Golden Week has just finished over in Japan (holiday season) so the order wont get processed until mid week. Price wise it's about £20 a kit shipped out.

I went for the Tie Intercepter as I used to have a toy one when I was younger, and I think they're more intresting visualy than the standerd Tie Fighter. Very tempted with the Slave I - Boba Fett version.

Also having seen your photo (Mike) of the V-22 Osprey (didn't think tilt rotor planes existed) I've enquird about the Italeri 1:48 kit through Bill @ Beaney's Models. Found the USN's V-22 site which has some good pics and there are more on boeings site also :)

Good on ya... I've got that kit in my stash too, and it's a fascinating beastie to watch in the flesh... makes a great wocka wocka noise too :D

Mike,

I'm sure Ray Rimmel has got a Winsock Datafile on the Xwing.... NOT! LOLOLOLOLOL

Go with the flow my friend :thumbsup2:

Bob Von Buckle

www.bobsbuckles.co.uk

Good on ya... I've got that kit in my stash too, and it's a fascinating beastie to watch in the flesh... makes a great wocka wocka noise too :D

Got the payment request for the Tie Interceptor & X-wing today, worked out less than I thought at £15.10 a kit inc. 3-5 day delivery from Japan :)

From what I can find on the web, no one seems to have a problem with the level of detailing on the cockpits on the Fine Mold kits. I'll build them as is so there's less chance of anything going a miss :D

Having perused the kits in the flesh, they're pretty detailed for their size. When I get round to mine, I'll probably build OOB, and at that price, they're a steal, aren't they? I looked at getting some from the UK, and they were £30 each, so HLJ at half price was a shoe-in. :)

Definitely a steal with the current exchange rates.

My stash of kits is steadily increasing, the Two Gundam kits and the Tachikoma kit are WIP. Two 1/6 figures due this week, the Osprey kit and the two Star Wars kits - should keep me going for a while :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got 4 in my stash now, with 4 kits on the go. The two Star Wars kits arrived from Japan yesterday and they look so good... I know I'm going to get too heavy handed at some stage and I'm almost scared of having a go just incase I spoil 'em :(

Hopeing that in a couple of months our (DHL/Exel drivers) payrise will be agreed upon and I should get a big enough backpay to get Fine Mold's Melinnium Falcon & maybe Slave 1 also :)

Mike

It might be worth doing a search on the forum of www.starshipmodeler.com for the cockpit colours of the X-Wing & Tie-Fighter. There is a sub section on the forum for all things relating to Star Wars.

Mark

• 1 month later...

The Slave 1 Boba Fett version arrived today :D and it's massive... ...Lucky me has got a Ltd first production kit which includes a 1:72 metal cast of Han Solo in Carbonite :D

The Slave 1 Boba Fett version arrived today :D and it's massive... ...Lucky me has got a Ltd first production kit which includes a 1:72 metal cast of Han Solo in Carbonite :D

:lol: ...and just WHAT do you propose to do with that? You're really going to need this house you're buying, the speed you're building! :lol:

:lol: ...and just WHAT do you propose to do with that? You're really going to need this house you're buying, the speed you're building! :lol:

Said the man about to build an extention to house all his!?!

• 3 weeks later...