FM 1/48 X-wing fighter

Hell man four hours!!!!!!!

How does the kit come?, part painted?, part assembled?, it would take me four hours to open the box and read the instructions!!!!!.

I remember getting an origional one of these for christmas way back in eighty something, complete with Luke Skywalker!!!.

The origionals are worth a small fortune now.

John.

I would say that the assembly work only took about an hour and a half. It is actually a clip together kit but its amazingly engineered. The X wing mechanism works great. The painting is all airbrush work. The basic colour is a colour that i mixed when i repainted my Master Replicas Millennium Falcon. I had to up the contrast on the photos to show up the weathering. It still doesnt do it justice though. The yellows are not actually as bright as the photos make them look.

Thanks Mike will have a wee peak.

John.

Amazing work in super quick time :worthy: Makes me want to have a go at the 1/72 in my stash :hmmm:

The back bit of the bottom left laser cannon looks bent, or is just the photo!? (Last of the pics)

Edited by Paul B

Amazing work in super quick time :worthy: Makes me want to have a go at the 1/72 in my stash :hmmm:

The back bit of the bottom left laser cannon looks bent, or is just the photo!? (Last of the pics)

Ooops no thats my fault! They are only pushed in , i must have knocked it!

• 1 month later...

Great looking build, I was watching NGC or Discovery, and according to the experts on propulsion, physics and such there is no way the depicted craft could fly like that in true space.....as if they know all about propulsion we have now and anything to be created or found in the future....Jeeeez they can't even agree on what we have now and they want to say "It'll never happen" these same [experts] say man will never fly thru space at light speed so Warp 1 is a dream. OK says I you guys also said the sound barrier couldn't be broken and now we have craft that fly at hypersonic speeds. I want to see how they answer that!!!. Thank God Yeager wasn't listening to them when he went up in the X-1.

You'll be in trouble when she sees how much it cost! :whip:

Don't worry, I'll hide the bank statement too.

Alternatively, I could use my Jedi mind powers.

Or I could just buy her a new 3-piece suite...

• 2 months later...