Information for Spitfire 21

SPang

Hello,

Happy New Year 2008.

I'm looking to find a 3 views of the Spitfire 21 and pics during WW2 when be used by Sqd 91 Nigeria.

The camo is standard look to find S/N of aircraft or a special aircraft during this period.

Thanks a lot for your help.

SPang

LA209 DL-Q; LA224 DL-V; LA215 DL-T; LA260 DL-D; LA220 DL-G; LA279 DL-U. The only photos, that I know of, are of a rudderless DL-X (serial invisible, but still with a 1944 Sky band and spinner,) and DL-F (again serial invisible, but with 1945 upper wing roundels,) in Alfred Price's "The Spitfire Story." Aviation News, in the issue of 23-September/6-October 1994, had some good-looking drawings of the 21/22/24, and they're still available, from the "new" Aviation News, as plan no. PN2309.

Edgar

LA209 DL-Q; LA224 DL-V; LA215 DL-T; LA260 DL-D; LA220 DL-G; LA279 DL-U. The only photos, that I know of, are of a rudderless DL-X (serial invisible, but still with a 1944 Sky band and spinner,) and DL-F (again serial invisible, but with 1945 upper wing roundels,) in Alfred Price's "The Spitfire Story." Aviation News, in the issue of 23-September/6-October 1994, had some good-looking drawings of the 21/22/24, and they're still available, from the "new" Aviation News, as plan no. PN2309.

Edgar

Hi Edgar,

Thanks a lot for your help.

SPang

Don't know if you've seen them already but I posted a load of photos of LA198 in this thread:

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=glasgow

John

Nice pictures John, but a case in point in the perils of using restorations as references (especially static aircraft)!

The picture of the right hand mainleg shows the scissorlink to the rear of the leg, on the Mk21 and subsequent marques the link should face forward.

glaspit06.jpg

Not sure if the leg is fitted back to front or to the wrong side.

How did I learn about this? Some one once saw my airfix mark 24 and kindly pointed it out to me- :shithappens: