Harrier GR.7 colour scheme

ResinDust

Evening gents, sorry if this topic has been mooched before.

I'm having a spot of bother deciding which paints to use for my 1/48 GR.7 which i'm going to build as an Op HERRICK jet. (DSG/DCG). I have the Xtracrylix paints but they dont look right to me (despite seeing a model on the net finished using them and looking spot on) out of the bottle they seem a bit dark, in my humble opinion. Do they need scaling down a bit, and if so, what with?

I was thinking about maybe Lifecolour but they dont have an equivilant DCG, and neither do Gunze?

What do you guys use for your RAF FJ schemes as I have seen a number of GR.4's, GR.7's and Jag's that look spotty dog.

Any gen apreciated.

TIA

Andy

:bouncy: Counting down to the release of the MA set.....

Edited by ResinDust

Hey guys, thanks for the quick reply's.

Those models look superb! I tried those paints on my GR.4 and they looked awful!o However, going on your results i'll give 'em another go.

Thanks for the help gents,

Andy :thumbsup:

Hey guys, thanks for the quick reply's.

Those models look superb! I tried those paints on my GR.4 and they looked awful!o However, going on your results i'll give 'em another go.

Thanks for the help gents,

Andy :thumbsup:

You're welcome! The two greys often merged so on real a/c and as seen in in many photo's the demarkation line is difficult to see. I have noted in some pic's that the upper Dark Sea Grey appears to be finished in a Matt-er finish to that on the Dark camo grey.....maybe thats a trick of the light?

You're welcome! The two greys often merged so on real a/c and as seen in in many photo's the demarkation line is difficult to see. I have noted in some pic's that the upper Dark Sea Grey appears to be finished in a Matt-er finish to that on the Dark camo grey.....maybe thats a trick of the light?

Bill,

I'd noticed the differance in finishes aswell, but you know if you finished your model in that way someone would make th coment that you hadn't varnished it properly to get it uniform! Do'H!

As of yesterday i'm the happy owner of a Hasegawa GR.7, an Aires Cockpit set and the Airwaves unercarraige. Jus need the Afghanistan decals...

Cheerio for now!

Andy

Oh yeah, and a Neomega seat. Forgot about that..

A