Universal Carrier - Ambulance version

Nev

This is for the "Medic!" campaign on Armorama. The basis is the white metal Universal Carrier Ambulance from AB Figures.

First problem - with no instructions, how does this lot fit together to make a Carrier? :please:

IP1.jpg

Then the base - from Millicast, complete with shell crater :mg:

IP2.jpg

Finally the figures, using a couple of sets from AB Figures. I've used their excellent figures before and they are truly SUPERB! Can't wait to get started on painting them B)

IP3.jpg

IP4.jpg

This is for the "Medic!" campaign on Armorama. The basis is the white metal Universal Carrier Ambulance from AB Figures.

First problem - with no instructions, how does this lot fit together to make a Carrier? :please:

For starters Nev them thar treadie thingies go outside at the bottom. :analintruder:

Pete von Elpfulbugger

IP1.jpg

Then the base - from Millicast, complete with shell crater :mg:

IP2.jpg

Finally the figures, using a couple of sets from AB Figures. I've used their excellent figures before and they are truly SUPERB! Can't wait to get started on painting them B)

IP3.jpg

IP4.jpg

Nev,

Looks like it's broken down in a similar way to the Tamiya 1/35 offering. Would a scan of the instructions from the Tamiya kit help?

Regards

Andy

For starters Nev them thar treadie thingies go outside at the bottom. :analintruder:

yeah, um, thanks Pete! :tumble:

Looks like it's broken down in a similar way to the Tamiya 1/35 offering. Would a scan of the instructions from the Tamiya kit help

Thanks for the offer mate, but you've just triggered a thought(!) I have the tammy 1/48 jobbie somewhere - I think I'll dig it out :headphones:

oooh... white metal. Novel!

Interesty :)

Those figures look about the same quality that Games Workshop were putting out 10 years ago. Should paint up ok though, and I like that base... didn't know that sort of stuff was available. Do they do the same sort of thing for wingy things? :hmmm:

Mike, here's a dio I did last year also using AB Figures and Milicast base

http://www.britmodeler.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1200

You gotta remember these are 1/76, so a slightly smaller scale than GW (28mm?) It's also a much smaller operation than the GW global empire! (2 blokes on a farm in Wales! :D). The range and creativity of the figures is unbelievable, and even better they aren't 90% German either!

Milicast are here but their range of figures are resin not WM and the detail isn't as refined - see the middle one below. Their range of small scale resin kits is excellent though.

picture045.jpg

Didn't realise they were so small... I also like small companies that're doing things the big boys would never do.. good on 'em! :thumbsup:

...and your previous dio ain't too shabby, either ;)