1/72nd Twin Otter reissue

According to Hannants future releases Revell are doing a limited edition of the ex Matchbox 1/72nd Twin Otter for £7.99. I don't know what markings are included but I think I'll be getting a couple. Other limited editions are listed under my Heyford post in the military forum.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

According to Hannants future releases Revell are doing a limited edition of the ex Matchbox 1/72nd Twin Otter for £7.99. I don't know what markings are included but I think I'll be getting a couple. Other limited editions are listed under my Heyford post in the military forum.

Paul Harrison

Good news indeed, the twotter is one of MB's better kits IMHO.

Clive

Yes, the Twotter was definitely one of Matchbox's gems.

I'm happy to hear RoG is putting it out again, I may have to pick one up for nostalgia reasons. Not only because I enjoyed it the first time around, but a Twotter was one of the first rides I ever got in a military aircraft back when I was an Air Cadet in Canada.

My first flight was on a Loganair Twotter, Edinburgh to Prestwick and back. I'll be buying two or three so I can keep my old Matchbox kit in the box and still build a couple. Revell are supposed to be rereleasing the ex Matchbox Dornier Do28D this year too.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

I heard a rumour that Hobbycraft were going to do one in 48th but that was around five years ago and nothings turned up yet.

Paul Harrison

• 2 months later...
I'll be buying two or three so I can keep my old Matchbox kit in the box and still build a couple. Paul Harrison

Just curious- why do you want to keep the Matchbox kit in the box? I returned to this hobby after a very long time so I'm not up to date with custom & practice... I've gathered that there are people who collect unbuilt kits - is this what you do? Nothing personal, but I find it very strange! People collect anything and everything, I know, and recently I learned there are collectors of different sorts of barbed wire (!) but I don't know why anyone would collect model kits without building them - unless it's like diecast (Dinky etc) toys, which seem to have become very valuable if old & scarce..?

What I've looked for in vain, and would really like to see, is a 1/48 Twin Otter kit. Has there ever been one?

Regards, Malcolm

I've kept the twotter in the box for nosalgia more than anything else, I think, because it's from a time when we actually made things in Britain instead of importing everything from China. It's probably worth a bit on Ebay too! I'm not really a collector of kits though I've got several hundred in the stash (I fully intended to build every one I've bought!).The only 1/48th Twin Otters I've seen were solid wood models on Ebay.

Paul Harrison

I've kept the twotter in the box for nosalgia more than anything else, I think, because it's from a time when we actually made things in Britain instead of importing everything from China. It's probably worth a bit on Ebay too! I'm not really a collector of kits though I've got several hundred in the stash (I fully intended to build every one I've bought!).

Thanks for the explanation, Paul. I'd feel the same if I came across an unmade Airfix kit in a plastic bag, like the many I built several decades ago... My "stash" amounts to a dozen or so at most!

The only 1/48th Twin Otters I've seen were solid wood models on Ebay.

Right, confirms what I thought. There was a 1/48 Beaver (Otter too?) from Hobbycraft, but no Twin Otter, alas.

Regards, Malcolm