Revell Fokker DVII

dylan the rabbit

Hello,

You got every reason to hate this kit. The original mold comes from Aurora and dates back to 1956! Aurora updated it in the early '70's and after this the mould went to Monogram and ended up at Revell. They also did some improvements. Anyway for modern standards the kit is completely outdated, but I admire what you did with it so far!

Cheers, Nico

Edited by Nico Teunissen

Hello,

You got every reason to hate this kit. The original mold comes from Aurora and dates back to 1956! Aurora updated it in the early '70's and after this the mould went to Monogram and ended up at Revell. They also did some improvements. Anyway for modern standards the kit is completely outdated, but I admire what you did with it so far!

Cheers, Nico

:gobsmacked:

That explains a lot!

I'm sure it's going to look great on my shelf, but I think my next WW1 builds will be limited to Eduard and Roden! Well, apart from the 1/28th Revell Camel and DR1's in the stash. I hope they're better than this little horror!

Thanks Nico, and thanks for the comments guys.

Cheers,

Nick

The 1/28 scale Dr.1 and Camel also date back from the end of the 1950's but are pretty okay. From what I've heard the DVII in this scale is an awfull kit. Completely wrong measurements.

Good thing about the DVII is that Eduard is going to do theirs in a weekend edition somwhere this year. That means a very very good DVII for a very nice price.

Cheers, Nico