New Model Alliance Decals going to the printers tonight

Area39

Nice, will be investing!

If anyone wants a very in detail walkaround of the WAH-64's at Bastion, give me a shout as I had a good access to the frames there!

Likewise I have a few piccies of the F-16's at Kabul, not walkrounds though as they were normally doing about 300+knots!

Very nice pic that!

It will almost certainly be the light, as the rudder has probably got a touch of deflection on it. The other thing is, if you look at parked Hercs, the rudder always goes to full deflection one way or the other from the breeze. This means they quite often end up a slightly different shade from sun exposure.

I could check and let you know for absolute definate, but I can't recall any of our birds ever having had a replacement rudder fitted.

HTH,

Jen.

Very nice pic that!

It will almost certainly be the light, as the rudder has probably got a touch of deflection on it. The other thing is, if you look at parked Hercs, the rudder always goes to full deflection one way or the other from the breeze. This means they quite often end up a slightly different shade from sun exposure.

I could check and let you know for absolute definate, but I can't recall any of our birds ever having had a replacement rudder fitted.

HTH,

Jen.

Right then Jen!

What do you know you only work on Hercs everyday! ;)

Only Joking!

Anyway I've changed the rudder colour and thanks to everyone who cleared that up.

Jon

Not to be a spoilsport Jon, but where are the :bouncy: ?

:viking:

Yes I know!

I could'nt fit the Danish F-16 on!

But taking to Mr Madgwick (MD of MA) he said that it'll be put on the Afghanistan Pt2 sheet.

Sorry.

Jon

Nothing to be sorry about Jon, I was referring to Lucy and Michelle, but:
I can't find anything wrong with the images! :):evil_laugh:

Jon (Hiding behind the fact that he can edit his post!)

then you went and put them in :D

Looking forward to Pt2 and I'll have to get Pt1 soon!

:viking:

Anyway, wouldn't MSG be DARKER than Camouflage Grey?

MSG is lighter than Dark Camouflage Grey.

Jon - tell me the research for these decals consists of more than a trawl through airliners.net...? I've not been impressed by the MA sets I've bought so far and this would explain a lot.

I shot a couple of thousand pictures during my stay in Afghanistan, so I have been able to cover the aircraft down there pretty well. Everything from overall pictures to walk-arounds. Italian helos, US helos, loads of C-130s and C-17s, Dutch and Belgian F-16s...and all those civvies too. Now you know where to find me if you need any particualr reference pictures. ;)

Regards,

Jon - tell me the research for these decals consists of more than a trawl through airliners.net...? I've not been impressed by the MA sets I've bought so far and this would explain a lot.

Damian

I've designed all the Model Alliance sheets (apart from about six) but my core reference material and any colour markings dimensions etc get sent up from Model Alliance HQ.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences but I must reiterate I am not Model Alliance myself I am a freelance designer working for Model Alliance as one of my clients.

Jon

Damian

I've designed all the Model Alliance sheets (apart from about six) but my core reference material and any colour markings dimensions etc get sent up from Model Alliance HQ.

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experiences but I must reiterate I am not Model Alliance myself I am a freelance designer working for Model Alliance as one of my clients.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Did you design the Danish EH101 decals by any chance?

All I have seen of the sheet is a scan of the decals, but there are some things that could justify an errata sheet. :closedeyes:

I have reference pictures of the EH101s too - and can shoot more if needed.

Regards,

Hi Jon,

Did you design the Danish EH101 decals by any chance?

All I have seen of the sheet is a scan of the decals, but there are some things that could justify an errata sheet. :closedeyes:

I have reference pictures of the EH101s too - and can shoot more if needed.

Regards,

Hi Jens.

Yes I did but as I posted above I can only work with the info/references I'm given.

If you have any additonal info/corrections then it would be best to contact Model Alliance direct (as others with similar additonal info/corrections should) as I have no influence into what happens in these scenarios.

Regards

Jon

Update on the decals....

Decals have been sent to Fantasy but the instruction sheets (which are always done last) have been slightly re-amended and numbered particularly the RAF Herc courtesy of Jen @ RAF Lynham (inst sheet will be posted in due course, massive thanks to Jen!) What a star!!

The product code will be MA-72161 for 1:72nd and MA-48161 for 1:48th

MA-7248161WaronTerrorInst1.jpg

MA-7248161WaronTerrorInst2.jpg

MA-7248161WaronTerrorInst3.jpg

MA-7248161WaronTerrorInst4.jpg

MA-7248161WaronTerrorInst6.jpg

Jon

Hi Jens.

Yes I did but as I posted above I can only work with the info/references I'm given.

I fully understand that, and I know that overall pictures aren't easy to work with if there are no close-ups to back them up. I did not mean to pick on you or your work - I hope you didn't understand it like that. ;)

If you have any additonal info/corrections then it would be best to contact Model Alliance direct (as others with similar additonal info/corrections should) as I have no influence into what happens in these scenarios.

Regards

Jon

OK thanks. I will try to get in touch with MA. Any chance I could have their e-mail address? ;)

Regards,

A great shame that MA work this way I feel, and explains a lot.

I've not been impressed by the MA sets I've bought so far and this would explain a lot.

Why's that?