I'm in Hurri IIC trop : FINISHED

JimInOz

G'day all, look want Santa bought me :analintruder: . Very little after market for these biguns so out of the box she will be, except for the markings of course! Will probably go along the lines of Jens and his Hassy Hurri, we shall see. I'll keep you posted once I get cracking. Thanks. jim :beer:

MKIIC005.jpg

G'day all, look want Santa bought me :analintruder: .

Thats why i never got anything, all the space was taken up by your Hurricane.

welcome to the GB Jim

:lol: :lol: First up "Thanks Fellas", bit slow outta the blocks but great to finally start it! Nick I would love to see your build, I haven't heard to much cussin about that old Airfix bird. By all acoounts it can stand up next to most of the "New release" stuff. Post it up when it is done.

Wayne sorry for stealing or the space in the sleigh, didn't expect to get it cos I've been bad :analintruder: reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bad, (or so the war department tells me). Thanks again to you and Erwin for kicking this off and letting me play.

Tango space isn't a problem here, got a shed mate :winkgrin: every man should have one. And Wayne reckons it's as big as his house so it should fit. If not I'll donate it to the RAAF museum up the road. :thumbsup:

Nev and Perry, thanks for the interest chaps, bit lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvly the ol Hurris :wub:

Righto on with the show.......................... we have a start Ladies n Gentlemens.

Rub a dub dub one of Hawkers finest tubs

Hurri01003.jpg

Fit is superb, all frame work, floor seat, the whole shebang went together beautifully. I have layed down a coat of Humbrol brushed Aluminium under the MM Interior green so I can chip and rub down to it to represent wear and tear. The nose tank colour I am rather chuffed with, I used Humbrol Rust and MM Italian Red in a 50/50 ratio to achieve (what to my eye looked) the correct colour for the tank. Good details in the pit so Trumpeter can take a bow.

Hurri1009.jpg

I wrapped the stick with self amalgamating electricians tape cut into a fine strip with a scapel, I am happy with that too.

That's it so far, I will post up some more pics once the tub is complete, thanks for looking any suggestions or comment welcome.

Cheers. Jim :drink:

Wooohoooo another Hurricane, loverly work Jim, that Spadegrip looks amazing with the tape :goodjob: I just :wub: a Hurricane :worthy:

Bex von HurricaneCanberraPhantomLover

Cheers Bex, not so hard in 1/24th scale! Wouldn't want to try it in 1/72!!!!!! The tape worked well, I was pondering what to use to represent it and it jumped into my head................ I used to use it to wrap the handle bars on my road bike many moons ago. (Correction........ Many many many moons ago). Thanks Bex. Jim who is 40 this year! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrgh :lol:

Cheers Bex, not so hard in 1/24th scale! Wouldn't want to try it in 1/72!!!!!! The tape worked well, I was pondering what to use to represent it and it jumped into my head................ I used to use it to wrap the handle bars on my road bike many moons ago. (Correction........ Many many many moons ago). Thanks Bex. Jim who is 40 this year! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrgh :lol:

Well Ive got 3 1:48 Hurricanes in the stash, I'll give it a bash and see what happens, if it works, then I'll share it, if it goes pearshaped, then I'll keep me mouth shut :lol:

Bex

Yes Mr Jim, do keep them coming. I have an ulterior motive: I can just follow your lead when I do my own Hurri's!

I know I'm a smutty minded wretch, but come on... :rofl:

You diiiiirty old man! :lol:

Nice start Jim

G'day all, look want Santa bought me :analintruder: . Very little after market for these biguns so out of the box she will be, except for the markings of course! Will probably go along the lines of Jens and his Hassy Hurri, we shall see. I'll keep you posted once I get cracking. Thanks. jim :beer:

MKIIC005.jpg

Wot colour are you doing the washing machine then???????????????

• 2 weeks later...

Bit more done :D , been flat out at work since going back from the Xmas break, bit hot in the shed too :jump_fire: anyways enough hot air from me. Managed to make some progress on the cockpit, a few wires here and there to busy it up a bit. Nothing too flash just different gauges of solder and some Tamiya tape. Trumpy provides enough detail for me so I am not going to go nuts reproducing every nob, lever, wire and lever in the office.

004.jpg

003.jpg

I'll move onto the engine and firewall next and post up some more when there is some decent progress.Thanks for the interest and comments so far, keep it coming Ladies and gentlemen.

Mike you are a naughty boy :rofl:

Zed it could do with some mottling couldn't it. Bit bright innit. :lol:

Cheers. Jim

Lookin great Jim, I didnt bother with the tape on my last Hurricane, the spade grip had so much flash on it I just about managed to clear it up.

Bex

Thanks gals and guys, glad you all like it, I'm chuffed :D Thankyou all very much. A lot of what you see will disappear into the tub when the fuselage is closed up so as I mentioned before I will not spend to much more time on the guts of the pit. I have some PE belts to go in and it will get a sutble wash with some black tea or coffee to represent the dusty/muddy environs these babies operated in. I have decided to make a 10 Squadron bird that was named "K" for Kangaroo, it was flown by an Aussie fella during the campaign. 10 Squadron is interesting...... It was affectionately known as the Commonwealth squadron as it consisted of Aussies, Canadians, Englishmen and Indians. I am sure there were many others as well! K for Kangaroo was turned out in standard SEAC cammo, small roundels and fin flash, and a single large K on the fuselage. It also had some artwork of a boomer just forward and below the windsheild. These will all be custom made, or painted on as there is bugger all big stuff out there. I will probably make some placards for the pit wall too.

Righto, better get back into it before the boss catches me having a bludge, thankyou all again for your comments, I'll endevour to keep up the progress and updates. See ya all later. Jim :beer:

Edited by JimInOz

Bit more done, spent a couple of hours in the shed sweatin an detox'n after Oz day :hypnotised: Got the belts and stick in and hit the lot with it's first wash.

Hurri2004.jpg

Also started the Merlin and have got as far as the HT Leads. Not a bad bit of kit, but a fair bit of tinkle shittin about with the leads as they are vynal. Had to have two rums before attempting them :blink: Patience is your friend (and super duper glue too! :D ) It's sans plumbing but it appears to be going together allright. More in a bit, thanks for looking, Cheers. Jim :drink:

Hurri2021.jpg

Hurri2020.jpg

Hurri2019.jpg