Vultee Vengeance

palacefan

Well here is my first build, An old frog Vultee Vengance bought second hand at Telford. I got it for the decals but i like it so i will build it.

It will be out of the box but I've scribed the panel lines and started to paint the cockpit.

PICT0003-11.jpg

PICT0002-16.jpg

PICT0001-16.jpg

Edited by palacefan

HNY Wayne!

Warnock is the new God, barclays manager of the month....quite right too!

happy days..

Rich

Trouble is Rich, 3 players have gone back to there clubs from loan. Fingers crossed it wont go all King kong. We are at Bristol City next month, you going?

Ow do Wayne Ol Bean, this one looks interesting :popcorn: Er ang on its a proppy thingy :yikes:

Bex von ParrafinConverterNut

ow do Bex, proppy thingy indeed.

Hi Wayne!

Don't think I've seen one of these built before so I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

just dont expect too much!

saying that everything is going quite well so far.

Edited by palacefan

A bit more progress, sorry about the picture quality. I have assembled most of it now with not much bother. And the framing has been sanded off of the very thick glass as i will be using painted tape. And i have added some little peeps in as well because of the lack of detail.

PICT0001-17.jpg

PICT0002-17.jpg

Edited by palacefan

cheers chaps, it is mtoring along lovelly

We've got every faith in you Wayne

you fools!!! :winkgrin:

Looks big even in 72 nd scale.

it is a fair size

Edited by palacefan

This should come out very well Wayne....

Ed

Thanks Ed,

I have sprayed the brown now and it is looking nice. Even though my usual construction problems are again on this build the unusual shape takes the eye away from them. Photos soon, maybe after the green.

Blimey Wayne you don't muck around mate :blink: That looks bloody good, (you keep going like this and you'll finnish about 50 entries) I'm with Den, wish there was a 1/32 job on the market. Keep it coming, that looks the Bees Knees. Excellent. Jim :thumbsup:

Dear freinds:

Id be happy with a 1/48 size. Wonder if one has ever been done. Probably in resin or vacform...

Thanks Bex, but i am more of a strange looking stroppy thing. hee hee hee.

I have actually painted all of it now but the blue i mixed was wrong so the photos can wait untill that is fixed.

Cheers Muller.

I have had a minor disaster with the blue and the decals.

the blue needs to be repainted in the correct colour blue, i tried to tone it down with pastels but it looks rubbish.

The kit came with a note saying sorry this kit is not up to modern standards as it is Frog tooling from the 60's, yet the weak link is the Revell decals.

They have silvered the worst of any kit i have made ever and they are out of register.

I think i may take them off and replace them with after market ones, ironic considering i bought the kit for the decals only originally.

PICT0001-20.jpg

PICT0002-20.jpg

PICT0003-14.jpg

Edited by palacefan