1/32-scale Brewster Buffalo

allok

I am going to make one of these;

RNZAF_V8138.jpg

Out of one of these;

Pictures001.jpg

I have the plans and pointy tail from the de-navalised version and some decals that should do the job.

Otherwise, this will be a virtually OOB build.

Cheers Guys (And Gals)

Keith.

Disclaimer:

This aircraft did not serve with the SEAC forces.

Although it was based in Singapore 1941, it was in service before the South East Asian Combined forces were formed.

This aircraft is not RNZAF. It is in fact part of an RAF squadron staffed entirely by New Zealanders.

The first aircraft to be used by the newly formed Royal New Zealand Airforce were P-40 Kittyhawks based in Guadalcanal (Solomon Islands) 1943. Guadalcanal aircraft were also not involved in SEAC operations.

Thanks to those who have taken the time to point this out.

It is still a good excuse to get this little plane built.

Edited by allok

• 1 month later...

Production has begun.

I'm trying to see how much plane I can glue together before I have to apply any paint.

Pictures004.jpg

Pictures005.jpg

Pictures006.jpg

Pictures007.jpg

Pictures008.jpg

Pictures009.jpg

Detail painting is next.

That Buffalo looks good. The avarice bug kicks me once, I sigh and say aloud, "Guess I need to get one..."

Edited by dahut

• 2 weeks later...

The cockpit for this kit is a real gem. Most of the detailing is now done.

With Resin, P.E. and transparencies, it's a far cry from the Revell Dinosaurs I'm used to building.

Pictures13.jpg

Pictures11.jpg

Pictures12.jpg

Pictures14.jpg

Pictures10.jpg

Nice work! Great to find another RNZAF moeller, I have recently completed the CA Hudson and just purchased the Ventura "Ventura" 1\48 decal sheet, so pics to follow at later date. Can still vividly remember watching Sunderlands at Wellington! MODeller