1/72nd Raiders Flying Wing kit

Found this first look review over on Starship Modeller of the new Black Sun Models BV-38 Flying Wing. Linky http://www.forbiddenplastic.com/blacksun/b...cksun_bv38.html

Looks pretty good and it was the last plane built by Vickers!

Paul Harrison

• 1 month later...

Alternatively, if you can find the Disney (I think) toy, you can modify it to a decent model. There was an article in an old Finescale Modeller detailing the process. The toy is quite hard to find, but mine only cost a tenner at Collectormania in Milton Keynes a few years ago. Wish I'd bought more now :doh:

Alternatively, if you can find the Disney (I think) toy, you can modify it to a decent model. There was an article in an old Finescale Modeller detailing the process. The toy is quite hard to find, but mine only cost a tenner at Collectormania in Milton Keynes a few years ago. Wish I'd bought more now :doh:

You were lucky to get one for a tenner Leadsolo.

The toy in the FSM article was supposed to be only available from the theme park gift shops in Florida. Mum & Dad were there a while ago with specific instructions to get me one but it wasn't being sold anymore. They brought back the American Indiana Jones DVD box set and shed load of Hershey's chocolate instead! The DVD's were great but I'm not too keen on the Hershey Bars (I much prefer the good old British Cadbury's, can't be beat).

There is a build thread of the new, far more accurate, Black Sun resin kit on Starship Modeler in the On The Bench section under the title BV-38 WIP. Linky http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=59239

Paul Harrison

You were lucky to get one for a tenner Leadsolo.

The toy in the FSM article was supposed to be only available from the theme park gift shops in Florida. Mum & Dad were there a while ago with specific instructions to get me one but it wasn't being sold anymore. They brought back the American Indiana Jones DVD box set and shed load of Hershey's chocolate instead! The DVD's were great but I'm not too keen on the Hershey Bars (I much prefer the good old British Cadbury's, can't be beat).

There is a build thread of the new, far more accurate, Black Sun resin kit on Starship Modeler in the On The Bench section under the title BV-38 WIP. Linky http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=59239

Paul Harrison

Lucky is the word. I must admit I went into a bit of a flap when I found it as it was, as you say, only supposed to be available from the theme park gift shops. Quite agree on the Hersheys as well.