1967 Plymouth GTX Sox & Martin Racing

Ponti

Ok here's my contender. Have decided on a fairly straight from the box build, but with a bit of detail in the engine bay and other visable bits.

drag.gif

Kit looks quite good quality will have to compare to pictures of the real car now.

Sorry about the picture quality couldn't find the camera so used my phone.

pb190269tz6.jpg

01012008084bb8.jpg

01012008085rb2.jpg

01012008086uw6.jpg

010120080892la9.jpg

010120080893yl5.jpg

01012008088dt9.jpg

Real thing

sox67rocarwa1.jpg

How you going to tackle those red-lines on the front wheels??

Ian

Am thinking of a set of SATCO red lines.

SATCO

look under American Satco, vintage tyres

Am thinking of a set of SATCO red lines.

SATCO

look under American Satco, vintage tyres

I've got a revell 68 firebird in the stash and that has decals for the red lines, as I'm building the drag version, you are welcome to the red line decals.

Russ

I've got a revell 68 firebird in the stash and that has decals for the red lines, as I'm building the drag version, you are welcome to the red line decals.

Russ

Hi Russ,

Not sure if I'm going to have redlines or not as various pictures I have show different wheels, some with some without. Thanks for the offer might still take you up on it depending on how it's looking.

Hi Russ,

Not sure if I'm going to have redlines or not as various pictures I have show different wheels, some with some without. Thanks for the offer might still take you up on it depending on how it's looking.

No problem, just let me know if and when you want them.

Russ

Ok I've started. Chrome was in the Mr Muscle at 7:00 yesterday. And have made a start on some new scripts for the side of the car as looking at the pictures I have of the original the one's on the kit are wrong, basically they have reused a stock road car body and not retooled it ( Nothing new there). So here are the pic's of my new scripts need cleaning up etc.

1st attempt some of the text didn't come out but

p1180361ec3.jpg

Gives you the idea of the size

p1180362fk7.jpg

2nd attempt these came out much better just need cleaning up

Sorry pic a bit fuzzy but give me a break they are SMALL

p1180361rt5.jpg

Edited by Ponti

Ok halfway through today, engine halves are glued sorry no pic yet needs holes drilling.

Main work today is on the body.

Having looked at pic's of the real car

cutpiceh1.jpg

I noticed that there is no chrome strips on the sill's or wheel arches, so file in hand and a bit of luck there off.

Before and after shots ( well driverside and passenger).

ps8ah1.jpg

ps5fz1.jpg

ds2ln3.jpg

ds1jy4.jpg

Hopefully you can also see that the scripts have been removed off the front wing ready for the one's I made to be fitted.

Edited by Ponti

I'd guess that most of the badgework would have been removed. Been looking for pics of the S&M GTX, not too many around, plenty of the Challenger and Duster, but not the '67 !

Ian

OK todays work,

still on the body. Decided the bonnet needed some extra detail to the strenghtening ribs as these were only marked on the kit, so to give them some depth have started to thicken them with some foil.

Before

P1210347-vi.jpg

during

Bonnet2-vi.jpg

after

Bonnet3-vi.jpg

Ok this was the 1st round. Have left it for a few hours as it's making my eye's go :hypnotised:

Also whilst giving my eye's a break been working on the motor.

block1-vi.jpg

block2-vi.jpg

intake1-vi.jpg

intake2-vi.jpg

P1200346-vi.jpg

OK folks,

Think i've finished with the detailing the underside of the bonnet for the moment. Last couple of layers of foil have been a pig to remove sections from as it stick to well to it's self.

Bonnet4-vi.jpg

Bonnet5-vi.jpg

just need to tidy the opening for the scoop and work out the latch.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok update,

Haven't done much more that can be photo'd loads of small bits done. Only thing done that I've photo'd is I've removed the moulded on handbrake cable and have drilled and temperally fitted a wire 1 to check fit.

p2050355db4.jpg

Getting there slowly, hope I can finish in time.

• 2 weeks later...

Horray, finally managed to get some modelling done.

Had been looking at the kit's moulded on fuel filler pipe and decided I didn't like it, so would have a go at making a proper looking one. At present it's just mocked up for the picture, still needs a bit of furtalling on the join between the 2 pipes.

Before

p2170354yt1.jpg

After

p2170355cz0.jpg

p2170356sm2.jpg