How big - this big! Italeri's BIG Herc

Gary West

I've decided to build one of my 1:48 Hercs although this will be a looooooooong slow build starting with a complete re-scribe. Just thought I'd share a couple of pics to show the enormity of this kit.

Did a dry fit today. The 50p for scale didn't quite work so I grabbed Millie instead

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

and here besides the Airfix Lightning.

Picture074.jpg

This is one seriously large kit!

Guess I better get on with those engines then :clap2:

Jen

Yes you'd better Jen.....and don't forget those other spec ops bits, oh and my latest request, some nice flaps please :D

:blink: where on earth are you going to display that thing? my wife would throw a fit

I'll let you know when I figured that one out myself......Stamford Bridge trophy cabinet??? Could be a tad empty this year :(

Yes you'd better Jen.....and don't forget those other spec ops bits, oh and my latest request, some nice flaps please :D

I'll let you know when I figured that one out myself......Stamford Bridge trophy cabinet??? Could be a tad empty this year :(

we went plenty of years without anything, havent we got spoilt eh :lol:

Hi there

Think this is a bit of camera trickery. The kit is 1/72 and the kid is actually 2/1 !!!!!!!

Good job the Herc ain't 1/24 scale!!!!!! Tee hee What a kit that would be.

I like the Hercs but am crap at building aircraft!

Nige

Is it a J Gary? I only have donor bits for the J so if you're doing a K you'll have to send me one of your nacelles a prop and a spinner. Also, there's only one bit of special kit you can have if it's a J :winkgrin:

Jen.

(And you really don't want flaps, even nice ones. Unless you're voluntering for the next flap lube!)

Edited by desmojen

Is it a J Gary? I only have donor bits for the J so if you're doing a K you'll have to send me one of your nacelles a prop and a spinner. Also, there's only one bit of special kit you can have if it's a J :winkgrin:

Jen.

(And you really don't want flaps, even nice ones. Unless you're voluntering for the next flap lube!)

Nooo it's a K - a C.1 to be precise. I'll make contact via PM later to get your addy to send you the bits you need.

This is one seriously large kit!

Hi Gary

She is and probably the last time Millie can hold it with Dad's 'blessing'!

Size for size my C-17 in 1:72 isn't that much different/smaller.

So we both have 2 biggies on the go.

Adrian

You know me Dean, 5 mins then all change :(

Gary, you blasphemer........... HOW can you get bored with Gods Canberra Beauty????? Send her to me, please, pretty please with a juicy big Canberra on top :tease:

Bex von CanberraWorshipper

I can't wait to see a pictures of Millie when she launches the finished Herc for its first test flight -no scratch that, I want to see a picture of GARY's FACE when Millie launches the Herc for its first test flight..... :popcorn:

That wont happen Bill......not with this kit anyway. I can barely lift the bloody thing now so no way Millie will be able to. She showed interest in my Lightning the other day (which is still at construction stage), so I explained (the best you can to a 2 yr old) she had to be careful and gave it to her. Worked a treat.

Kid's always want what they can't have so I'm hoping this might tempt her to beome a Junior Jen!!

It's a HUGE beastie, isn't it? I've got the U-boat, and have taped the main parts together before now, just to see what I've let myself into... It's a bloody monster, isn't it!

I've got the Flightpath etch set, which IIRC includes some detail parts for the flaps, but Jen if you're listening & the AC-130U has dodgy nacelles, I'll let you do a correction/upgrade ;)

I can't wait to see a pictures of Millie when she launches the finished Herc for its first test flight -no scratch that, I want to see a picture of GARY's FACE when Millie launches the Herc for its first test flight..... :popcorn:

Bill I was thinking the same thing, the old picture says a 1000 words :analintruder::evil_laugh:

That wont happen Bill......not with this kit anyway. I can barely lift the bloody thing now so no way Millie will be able to. She showed interest in my Lightning the other day (which is still at construction stage), so I explained (the best you can to a 2 yr old) she had to be careful and gave it to her. Worked a treat.

Kid's always want what they can't have so I'm hoping this might tempt her to beome a Junior Jen!!

Start 'em young Gary! I took my eldest (now 18!) to the Folkestone Air Show when she was no more than Millie's age - and guess what.......It didn't work!!! (though I may be able to tempt her to a Dr Who set - IF they ever materialise!!)

It's a big ole bird innit.

I've got the original issue of the gunship version and I don't know where I'd put it if I did build it (let alone the 48th B-1B I've got as well :shrug: )

When my Brother brings my little Nephew (who's also 2) over to visit, he spends ages sitting looking at my display cabinet that's filled with cars. We had to explain to him why he couldn't play with them, so now when he comes over, he points to the cabinet and says "Pauls cars", bless him. :D

What I did was get him some copies of the diecast cars I got.

He loved 'em.