E25 paper panzer project

Guest snipersmudge

Guest snipersmudge

hi all here is the model with the distressed white wash applied, next up will be weathering in the form of washes, powders and scratches etc over the model then some matt varnish

S8000983.jpg

S8000984.jpg

S8000985.jpg

S8000986.jpg

S8000987.jpg

S8000988.jpg

S8000989.jpg

S8000990.jpg

S8000991.jpg

S8000992.jpg

cheers

pete

The E-25 was a drawing board tank for the German army that never made it to the development stage. It probably would have been developed if WW2 had carried on for a couple of more years. The drawings did exist hence the various kits of E 25's and E 10's, the latest being from Trumpeter which is what you see above. Hope this helps! :D

The E-25 was a drawing board tank for the German army that never made it to the development stage. It probably would have been developed if WW2 had carried on for a couple of more years. The drawings did exist hence the various kits of E 25's and E 10's, the latest being from Trumpeter which is what you see above. Hope this helps! :D

It does and thanks. It reminds me of a Hetzer. What is that spotlight looking affair on the top?

That spotlight looking thing would be just that, but an infra red one. The Germans were developing infra-red technology towards the end of the war and again if the war had continued then they would have had a real advantage at night. It's debated quite a bit on armour forums if infra-red was actually used in combat.

There have been quite a few models built with infra-red sights, AFV Club do a 251D Halftrack variant of a battlefield I.R. searchlight (the UHU) so the stuff is out there in model form. It really is quite fascinating to discover just how advanced the Germans were technologically.The Allies were also working on I.R. stuff too but I don't think it was as advanced and quite probably the stuff we did develop later on was from the German research papers found at wars end.

HTH

Guest snipersmudge
Mr snipersmudge,

Can you share your method for white washing?

Nice build and paint job BTW.

Cheers.

Bob

cheers bob, my method for the white washing is the "hairspray" method, what you do is paint the model in it's camo colours then seal with a gloss varnish once this is dry get some hairspray, it does'nt matter what type cheap or expensive and decant into a jar. then spray over the model. this provideds a temp barrier. next spray over some heavily thinned tamiya white and leave for a few mins.

lastly using a wide brush dipped in water you distress the white by dragging the brush over the model, this disolves the hairspray which in turn loosens the white giving you a distressed finish. once happy you can continue weathering. i'ts best to practice on a scrap model etc first

pete

That spotlight looking thing would be just that, but an infra red one. The Germans were developing infra-red technology towards the end of the war and again if the war had continued then they would have had a real advantage at night. It's debated quite a bit on armour forums if infra-red was actually used in combat.

There have been quite a few models built with infra-red sights, AFV Club do a 251D Halftrack variant of a battlefield I.R. searchlight (the UHU) so the stuff is out there in model form. It really is quite fascinating to discover just how advanced the Germans were technologically.The Allies were also working on I.R. stuff too but I don't think it was as advanced and quite probably the stuff we did develop later on was from the German research papers found at wars end. HTH

The other thing that has always struck me is how much they delayed such innovations. It would be found out eventually that they had discovered this or that technology well in advance of actually developing it. They simply sat on much of such stuff to a great degree, never imagining they would ever be using it. Neat. Thanks for the info.