1/24 Leyland DAF DROPS with King Trailer

Okdoky

DSC03649.jpg

Steering wheel, badges, wipers and valance over the wipers. Decided to make a totally plain valance lacking the Scammell or Leyland branding on it using thin platicard!!!!!

Some dirt on the floors using a mix of burnt umber oils and Europe Dust from MIG.

DSC03644.jpg

DSC03645.jpg

A weathered look of burnt umber oils and and the dust with a slight staining from the diesel on the fuel tank with black oil

DSC03652.jpg

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03648.jpg

And beside the wee brother ASAM 1/50 pre built and painted model

DSC03638.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

DSC03650.jpg

Looking really good Nige. Like what you have done to this since i saw it at Perth m8

Barrie.

Superb - its been a pleasure to follow this build. Thank you for sharing it.

Now, what's next..?

Thanks to all for the support, help and advice throughout ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, helped push me out of my comfort zone into trying new things !!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, next project will be a Bedford TM 4X4 - 4 T and a Bedford TM 6X6 - 8 T as a parallel build

Bedford TM's

Talking about learning from others, I am going to be using Van Hattan's method of setting out the chassis for both TM's.

His stuff really rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again folks

Nige

I second Brianthemodeller, congrats on a very fine build be it not armoured .

It has taken you a long time to complete and many scratched parts have you made, its been very Interesting to see how you have overcome many obsticules and made a very nice model.

The picture's look real . :thumbsup::cheers:

Great stuff mate. :speak_cool:

Hi,

Firstly...awesome model.. takes me back!! I spent 4 years in 27 regt driving these! I'd love to build one, but sadly it seems the kfs kit is oop. :-( and I've never managed to find drawings for the drops! Is like to build a 1/16 scale one! Best finish off my 1/16 pcf first! Well done on a great build!