Sd.Kfz. 222

Antoine

TA35286.JPG

A very nice kit, that I'll build straight from the box.

here is the PMMS reviews

As far as I'm concerned, the 2mm too long barrel are not that bothering.

photo_16.jpg

photo_18.jpg

The building phase is nearly finished, I only have to glue the wheels (I'll paint them separately), the turret's top, made in photodec mesh (I'll do it shortly), the $%*§@ thing (Sorry, don't know how to name it...) that will go just behind the wheel (The plastic ones are much too big, I'll made some other in an alumnium sheet), and the jerrycans (i must wait till the decals are applied, as they come just on top of the German crosses.

Edited by Antoine

photo_10.jpg

photo_11.jpg

The sides of the turret were damaged (My fault, didn't cut them properly).

I've repaired them with tamiya putty, then after drying, I've done some micromeshing, and that's it.

After a very quick alu coat, I've put some maskol from places to places, randomly, before applying another coat, this time in german grey.

Next is a yellow coat, as the vehicle will be from the DAK, or from some units in Rhode Island.

• 2 weeks later...

I've put on the last coat of RAL 8000, carefully, so the pré-shaddinf is still visible.

Then I've cleared a little all the main panels with some RAL 7027 sandgrau.

Maybe a little too much...

But nevermind, weathering is far from being finished.

photo_11.jpg

Then, when everything has dried, I carefully removed the maskol.

The lesson here for me is that I shouldn't have put the maskol on the alu coat, but only on the panzergray coat.

Lifecolor don't stick very well on the alu coat, and removing the maskol damage too much the paint work.

You can see that too much of the alu coat is visible.

But again, nevermind, I should be able to "smooth" the effect a little during the next weathering stage:

photo_12.jpg