Vickers Valiant

Valiant and Vulcan done, with Victor approaching the build queue. It's so nice to finally be able to add this one to the display case. Being a completist, it has always bugged me that the Valiant was only available as a vac (and eventually a Mach 2 kit, which isn't much different than a vac). Congrats to Airfix.

I do know that the model has some issues, all of which were self-inflicted. The masking is rather subpar, the paint job is nothing special either, and I managed to screw up one of the optional parts for the variant I was doing. onsStill, it is nice to have one in the cabinet. Next up, the Matchbox Victor with replacement resin intakes.

Decals came from a Kits At War sheet that I don't believe is still in print. Many other option from Airdecal and Airframe / Model Alliance.

As always, more details on the 72 Land blog, referenced below.

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

That looks gorgeous - I *STILL* dont have a valiant but I WILL get one....actually, I want two; one in the green and grey camo scheme and one like this ^

Thanks gents. I do tend to be a little hard on my own stuff, but then the Mk 1 eyeball detects what the well-posed camera shot sometimes misses! Yes, I'm a big fan of this kit and recent Airfix in general - roll on Gnat and Swordfish! Not sure it'll be in public, since I've sort of abandoned the show scene (in terms of entries) for a few years. Still, the Seattle Museum of Flight has a big non-competitive model display in February that most of IPMS-Seattle attends, so I might get a collection of recent stuff together for that two-day show. They usually get upwards of 2000 models on the tables, so it is pretty impressive to see sitting out amongst all the real planes.

Also , Kev1n (an excellent name BTW), of all the Valiants I've seen completed in the last few months, I'm trying to remember any in camo. I think they've all been in white. I know that there are decals for the camo types, so I'm not sure why that would be the case. Mine is in white because the plan was to have the Vulcan in camo, the Valiant in white, and the Victor in hemp/grey.

Great job, looks awesome. Regarding the Victor, take it easy I have one half-built (mainly due space issues, my thread is there somewhere here at britmodeller) and I can say it's at least "harsh" but is not that bad, if you can take the time to rescribe her you'll win some detail. As long you keep in mind that's such a graceful aircraft that well worth the effort you won't have problems.

cheers