Hobbyboss Spitfire

Just finished this one and I've been impressed with the kit.

The quality of the parts and the fit are really nice. Cockpit detail is excellent (not just scaled down Trumpy 1/24,but new and improved). Surface detail was nice too.

There are some problems, that strange texture on the tailplane (easy to sand off), incorrect locating tabs on the prop blades, no interior ribs on the flaps but nothing that would put me off building another.

This one was finished using kit decals.

Si.

hbs9.jpg

hbs8.jpg

hbs7.jpg

hbs6.jpg

hbs5.jpg

hbs4.jpg

hbs3.jpg

hbs2.jpg

hbs1.jpg

hbs10.jpg

Nice Model Simon

After all the critic's knocked this to shreads it just shows what a good model results, well done and good modelling on your part.

Just shows MODEL AND LET MODELLING do the talking, and not some crazy 0.5 mm on a cowling ruin a good model, tailplanes as you say only need a swipe of sand paper.

Ali

Very nice. I know that a number of issues with this kit have been identified, but for the price it has to be given consideration and can clearly provide a lot of satisfaction.

One further quirk, however. The crowbar seems to have been moulded so that it appears to be underneath the vertical ribs inside the door. This would have made it very hard to remove in an emergency!

Thanks for your kind comments.

The crowbar . . ahummm . . yes, would be difficult to use! and the dropped flaps, artistic licence, they would normally be up while the aircraft was parked.

I've done a blow by blow account of the painting and weathering techniques used on the Relish Models forum (Tools and techniques section) for anyone interested.

Si.