PZL P.11c, Revell, 1/72

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

When I got a copy of this old kit and opened it, I was so enchanted by the contents I just had to pile straight in and build it. Aside from a scratch-built interior and windscreen (the kit item had gone missing in the kit's travels down the years), it is pretty much 'as it came': the only major alteration was cutting the cowling off the fuselage halves to open it properly at the rear. It was necessary to build up the rear of the spinner (and re-position the propeller blades in consequence), as otherwise there would have been a distinct 'step' where the spinner meets the motor. I used the kit decals, which went down very, very well using Future as a setting agent. The kit decals match very closely to a photograph of this unit, lined up as part of a show of force against Czechoslovakia during the Munich Crisis, when Poland demanded the Zaolzie district from the Czechs.

Details of the build can be found here:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air...howtopic=234672

• Like 1

That really is very nice. I like the stand its on as well. Great weathering. A well built and presented piece. :speak_cool:

Really nice model. This is very inspiring, I just love the design of the planes from the interbellum. I have a number of kits still to do from that era.

Maybe it is time to make a start with one of those tiny machines.

Rob

Very good model of the little brave P.11! Congratulations! The interior is realy impressive (I have checked on the other forum link)!

I found some little inacuracies: the unit emblem on the fuselage should be a solid white disc with the details painted on it, you have khaki camo background, which is wrong; the second is the pilot's seat - original was pressed aluminium in natural colour; finally, the exhaust collector ring should be more "sharp", "aerodynamic", originall Revell offering is so flat in front.

You still can add the gunsight:

pzl-7.jpg

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 1