1/25 Academy Jagdpanther

Bomber_Harris

Hi

I was in Modelzone today and they had this on offer at £17.99. Seemed like a bargain to me so I picked one up. Should probably own up that, I didn't read the box properly and assumed I was buying a 1/35 Jagdpanther!!! Though it was a bit big when I opened the box.

Can anybody shed some light on what have I let myself in for? What's the kit like?

This will teach me for being impulsive!

Cheers

Rich

• 1 month later...
i think and im not sure but i think its a copy of one tamiya made dunno know if theirs any pe for it ref the engine grills , if it wasnt so close to the nats id have one :rolleyes:

I believe its a completly new kit ,the Tamiya had the late bolted mantlet/gun mount, I have the Panther late G, its half built, there were a few problems, the gun was too short, I used a section of Jagdpanther barrel that came in the box, and then to my horror the turret fouled the engine deck when turned to the rear, the problem being that Academy had put the ring assembly on the turret in the wrong place, and also the ring on the hull top was too far back so I moved it, not a problem on a JP but it gives you an idea about how kit designers at Academy can mess things up, also I hate the tracks,they are vinyl with guide horns that are too short and look like Tiger II horns, I would have prefered separate links like the spares they give you, for one the horns are correct and with a little work can be hollowed out, Ive looked for aftermarket tracks but did'nt find any,but that was a good while back, I think aber do an etched set, the rest of the kits details are not too bad, might get this one back out and see what I can do with it,

• 2 weeks later...

My kit arrived today, as noted above you certainly get a lot of kit for your money - free postage too and the box is huge.

I'd like (eventually, very eventually) to make a diorama out of this kit but can't seem to find any 1/25th crew. Does anybody make anything in 1/25th which would be remotely useful for this?

My kit arrived today, as noted above you certainly get a lot of kit for your money - free postage too and the box is huge.

I'd like (eventually, very eventually) to make a diorama out of this kit but can't seem to find any 1/25th crew. Does anybody make anything in 1/25th which would be remotely useful for this?

Tamiya made some 1/25 figures but they are discontinued. A quick search of fleabay showed several available or try these Tamiya German Figure Set 1:24 / 1:25 scale.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...