European Church

Paul A H

European Church

1:76 Airfix

eurochurchbox.jpg

The latest addition to Airfix’s growing range of resin buildings is this rather excellent church. This model follows the usual pattern for Airfix’s resin buildings as it is moulded in hard, porcelain white resin and requires no assembly. As usual, the quality of the casting is excellent and details such as brickwork and tiles are very well depicted. As with other kits in the series, some parts such as the roof tiles are a overly thick for the scale, but this is a necessity as if they were scale thickness they would be far too fragile.

eurochurch1.jpg

eurochurch2.jpg

Unlike some of the other buildings in the range, there are no photo-etch window frames to add to the model, so all you have to do is paint the thing. Because the brickwork is so nicely rendered, it should respond well to techniques such as weathering washes.

Conclusion

Airfix’s collection of resin buildings have developed into a really useful range of options for the small scale armour modeller. I’m hoping to use a few of mine to create a backdrop for photographing 1:72 and 1:76 armour kits in due course. Definitely recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of logo.gif

I can't take credit for that, my skills barely extend to things with wings attached :D . A few more pictures of the finished article here;

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/about28320.html

It's a nice range Airfix are developing, I'm interested to see what they will come up with for the 1/48 buildings that were mentioned in the ihobby review on cybermodeller - I'm hoping that it wasn't a misunderstanding about the 1/76 ones.

Edited by Richard M