Freightdog SR.53. What for drawings represented on a photo?

Aardvark

Hi,all!

New model SR.53 from Freightdog

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,33227.0.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Freightdog-M...119466081414418

And what for drawings represented on a photo? From what source they?

B.R. Serge

Edited by Aardvark

Hello, the kit is based on Barry Hygates drawings published in British Experimental Jet Aircraft (these are shown in background of photo of the masters), and cross checked on Barry's more recent drawings with more detail added (kindly provided by him). Below is a photo of the assembled test cast;

DSC_1225B.jpg

First batch of kits are expected from Hong kong this week, ready for release at Scale Modelworld in November.

Thanks.

Colin

According to the guy at the Freightdog stand at Yeovilton, about £35. It looks really good, so a very fair price imho.

That is a fair price for a resin kit, when you think that the old Airfix/Arii kit of the SR53 constantly sell for around the £30 mark.

Will have to add this to my wants list

Derek

According to the guy at the Freightdog stand at Yeovilton, about £35. It looks really good, so a very fair price imho.

That was me! Yes hopefully £35 but still waiting on final costs. As usual with Anigrand production it pressure injected resin so pour stubs are small and completely removed on most parts. This will only be available from Freightdog as there is not enough margin to offer it to trade. When you only expect a couple of hundred sales at best, it won't be making anyone rich!

Colin

Hello, the kit is based on Barry Hygates drawings published in British Experimental Jet Aircraft (these are shown in background of photo of the masters), and cross checked on Barry's more recent drawings with more detail added (kindly provided by him). Thanks.

Colin

Hi,Colin!

You separately decal and the modified drawings don't sell casually? :please:

And how at you the nose whell bay is made? I on it absolutely don't have any information except cutaway: :crying:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewto...5_start_20.html

B.R. Serge

Edited by Aardvark

That was me! Yes hopefully £35 but still waiting on final costs. As usual with Anigrand production it pressure injected resin so pour stubs are small and completely removed on most parts. This will only be available from Freightdog as there is not enough margin to offer it to trade. When you only expect a couple of hundred sales at best, it won't be making anyone rich!

Colin

Sorry Colin, nice to meet you though!

Damn you Colin! At a stroke you've rendered the 2 of these I inherited from my late father obsolete. I've got one part finished which I guess he was intending to display in flight (original Airfix I think - plastic is quite strong and was moulded in white and there is a clear plastic stand with it) and another Polish rendition in some silvery coloured soft plastic which I was intending to detail to within an inch of it's life.

However, you've gone and produced it all in one convenient package at a reasonable price too! I might have to get myself one of these and treat myself to an early Christmas pressie. This is the second recent release that has superceded something in my stash, now what will the third be?!

Mark.

Hi,Colin!

You separately decal and the modified drawings don't sell casually? :please:

And how at you the nose whell bay is made? I on it absolutely don't have any information except cutaway: :crying:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewto...5_start_20.html

B.R. Serge

Hi Serge,

Sorry but I cannot sell the decals seperately as the production is limited, and for every sheet I sell on its own that is one less kit I can sell. As for the drawings they are not mine to sell, but if you can find the Barry Hygate book it is definately worth it as it has many good prototype drawings in it.

As for nose bay, I have some photo's, here is one;

DSC_0005.jpg

Colin

Damn you Colin! At a stroke you've rendered the 2 of these I inherited from my late father obsolete. I've got one part finished which I guess he was intending to display in flight (original Airfix I think - plastic is quite strong and was moulded in white and there is a clear plastic stand with it) and another Polish rendition in some silvery coloured soft plastic which I was intending to detail to within an inch of it's life.

However, you've gone and produced it all in one convenient package at a reasonable price too! I might have to get myself one of these and treat myself to an early Christmas pressie. This is the second recent release that has superceded something in my stash, now what will the third be?!

Mark.

The Airfix kit is pretty horrible, thankfully I inquired with Airfix to check it was not going to be re-issued and it isn't (infact the moulds are possibly not available anymore). Best thing for it is ebay and quick!

Colin