Airfix 2012

jaw

Does Jonathan's laser Spitfire kit include the two MiG 25's and King Ghidorah? It might be too expensive for me if King Ghidorah is the same scale as the rest as he's supposed to be around 328 feet tall!

Paul Harrison

Does Jonathan's laser Spitfire kit include the two MiG 25's and King Ghidorah? It might be too expensive for me if King Ghidorah is the same scale as the rest as he's supposed to be around 328 feet tall!

Paul Harrison

Apparently it should be Rodan, not King Ghidorah - now that is an indefensible error.

• 2 weeks later...

Shar is XZ457/14 of 899 squadron in the overal dark grey operating off the Hermes in 1982 and Indian Navy number 606 of 300 squadron White Tigers operating off the Vikrant in '83. http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/airc...&sortorder=

Can't quite make out the exact aircraft but first GR.3 is a No1 Squadron Falklands bird from the Hermes in wrap around grey and green and the second is from 233 OCU in 1976 with grey/green uppers and light aircaft grey undersides and white 32 on the tail. http://www.airfix.com/airfix-products/airc...&sortorder=

Price isn't as high as I thought it would be, £15.99 each. Might gets some more to add to my older ones.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

Are there any images of the decal options included in the re-releases?

I queried the pedigree of these kits direct with Airfix. The reply is copied & pasted below. While I have no issues with either kit (I will happily build out of box), it is clear that anybody expecting a new/retooled kit is going to be very disappointed.

Allan

"Dear Mr Ford

Thank you for your e-mail and apologies for the time taken to respond to you. The Harrier kits are re-releases they are not new tooling models. If you have any further question please do not hesitate to contact us."