Big Cat.

it looks like you shrunk a real cat fantastic chap and from a vac form the weathing is spot on not too much nor too little is this going to telford??????

Hello Hood,

I'm afraid you won't see this model at Telford, I live near Bangkok and Telford is a long way to travel. I think I'm going to need the Cat, with all the flooding around here!

The complete build will eventually appear on www.seawings.com when I've done the write-up.

Glenn.

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! What a fantastic model, thanks for showing us the winner of the IPMS show at Telford in advance!!

I love the colour scheme, but what is it? I love RAAF aircraft and have seen a few different schemes on their Cats but nothing like this and I want to build one, but in a more sane 1/72nd scale!!

This has to be the best ID Models vacuform that I have ever seen built up, where did you get the engines, props, beaching gear etc from, were they all scratch built?

Thanks for sharing it with us, I`ll just scrape my jaw back off the floor now,

Cheers

Tony O

Ooops, just noticed that you live in Thailand, scratch that bit about Telford!

Edited by tonyot

Thats a fantastic piece of work, Can't wait to see the build,haven't built a vacform in years and then they were in 72nd scale,

Thanks for sharing.

I can't imagine finishing any vacuform model, let alone this big cat in 1/32 scale - Wow! All I can do is echo the compliments you've already received. Just a fantastic job!

Cheers,

Bill

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!! What a fantastic model, thanks for showing us the winner of the IPMS show at Telford in advance!!

I love the colour scheme, but what is it? I love RAAF aircraft and have seen a few different schemes on their Cats but nothing like this and I want to build one, but in a more sane 1/72nd scale!!

This has to be the best ID Models vacuform that I have ever seen built up, where did you get the engines, props, beaching gear etc from, were they all scratch built?

Thanks for sharing it with us, I`ll just scrape my jaw back off the floor now,

Cheers

Tony O

Ooops, just noticed that you live in Thailand, scratch that bit about Telford!

Hi Tony,

The colour scheme is;-

Matt black undersides.

Dark ocean blue uppers. FS.35044 is close. I used Humbrol 96 with some black added to give a 'faded' version.

EDSG camoflage pattern on the upper wing. This colour faded rapidly to a pale grey as I have depicted.

The engines came from the excellent Vector range and the propellers came from the spares box, I'd copied a few in resin. The beaching gear was scratchbuilt in brass - had to use brass, to take the weight!

Regards,

Glenn.

Whatever the shortcomings of vacform building, you have overcome them mightily with that brilliant build.

When the IM version comes out I'm sure it will be sufficiently "flawed" to make your scratch-vac look even more impressive!

Al

Hi Glenn,

Just been looking at the pics of your wonderful model again, & just wonder what the story is with the upperwing roundels? Did they just not get round to painting the centres in? Or was it a deliberate 'lo-vis' ploy of somekind?

Keef

Somehow OH WOW!!! and :gobsmacked: just doesn't seem to be enough to describe how superbly done this build is...every phase is outstanding...the weathering on a class by itself IMO.

Hi Glenn,

Just been looking at the pics of your wonderful model again, & just wonder what the story is with the upperwing roundels? Did they just not get round to painting the centres in? Or was it a deliberate 'lo-vis' ploy of somekind?

Keef

Hi Keef,

From what I've read, these Cats operated mostly at night, so the white was reduced on the fuselage roundels and omitted on the wings. I would have thought the pale blue fuselage codes ruined the whole thing!

By the way, I gave the wrong website for my eventual build and write-up of this model, the correct one is www.seawings.co.uk

Glenn.