This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Richard M

Airfix Angel Interceptor (A02026)

I've also been toying with doing the MiG from Joe 90, of which the original model was an Angel Interceptor kitbashed with what appears to be an Aurora F-111. It looks like I can probably do it with the Airfix Angel and a 1/144 F-111 kit. Only minor snag I can see is the Aurora F-111 used appears to have the B/C style wings. Although my planned F-111 parts donor is a Crown F-111 reboxed by Revell as an F-111C, its got the short F-111A style wings.

I keep holding the parts together to do the same and I keep concluding the 1/144 F-111 is going to be too small for the job to end up looking right but there seems no alternative so I may give it a go anyway.

I also have a smaller scale Imai Angel from their boxing of a small MSV and Angel and that looks like it might work with a 1/144 F-111. Still leaves us with the problem of the short span wings although OzMods has a set of long span 1/144 F-111C wings.

Do you agree that the Mig-242 fins are F-111 fins?

David

Edited by David Womby