Airfix Angel Interceptor (A02026)

Richard M

And Airfix site has now sold out - I wonder how many they sold?

Damn it they are popular (mind you with 2,100 views on this thread, you can see why!). There was one on eBay for just short of £6 + postage but that went in a flash. Hopefully there may be some at Telford?

Andy

Edited by AndyC

I ordered a pair from Models for Sale, last night.

Just checked their site again and now showing only 4 in stock. They do seem to be selling well.

Perhaps if sales are good enough, it might convice Airfix to produce some more Anderson vehicles.

A newly tooled Eagle from Space 1999 would be nice. B)

The boy ordered one from Airfix.com at the weekend and it arrived this morning - excellent service as usual.

The only thing he's miffed about is that it's moulded in grey rather than white, as he wasn't planning on painting it!

John

I ordered a pair from Models for Sale, last night.

Just checked their site again and now showing only 4 in stock. They do seem to be selling well.

Now sold out, so that's 20 in around 24 hours! Can't wait for my three and the Zero to arrive!

Hannants have just posted their stock up so it will be interesting to see if they sell out and what will be top of their best sellers in the next few days, I'm thinking an Airfix 1 and 2 with the Interceptor and Zero :D

The boy ordered one from Airfix.com at the weekend and it arrived this morning - excellent service as usual.

The only thing he's miffed about is that it's moulded in grey rather than white, as he wasn't planning on painting it!

John

Never fear! There was one episode where the Mysterons got their hands (?) on a lorry load and used them against the real Angels. If memory serves, they were unpainted or a dull metal colour. Also they had cockpit framing but no glazing.

Now then, I'm surprised no one mentioned Joe 90 his jet car and the long term psychotic effects of repeated rebooting with other people's minds. Did Social Services know?

Trevor

Oh Joe 90's car yes, had the Dinky Toy of that, fantastic! Saw a plastic kit of that on eBay yesterday, but if its anything like the Firefly I'm building it'll be a nightmare :)

Oh by the way just noticed this very rare Blakes 7 Liberator kit on eBay as well. I got one of those many years ago and the model has suffered somewhat with various house moves lol

Edited by Kallisti

Now then, I'm surprised no one mentioned Joe 90 his jet car and the long term psychotic effects of repeated rebooting with other people's minds. Did Social Services know?

That always cracked me up.

"So let's get this straight Mr McClain, you put your nine-year-old son into this psychotropic machine, brainwash him, then give him a gun?"

The pilot figure looks male.

And didn't the Angels nearly always have a (black?) visor over the top part of their face when flying.

Doesn't this re-release and the comments on this site confirm that by and large modellers are 'older people'?

Anyway, I liked this kit and remember it fondly. It'll sell well because it's of an attractive subject and well packaged. You don't need to be a fan of (the original) Captain Scarlet to appreciate the kit.

Doesn't this re-release and the comments on this site confirm that by and large modellers are 'older people'?

Not really, that's like deducing that everyone likes armour because a dozen people are talking about a new tank kit.

Though with this kit I except there will be a huge nostalgia appeal, and maybe some crossover onto kids who may have seen either classic or new Captain Scarlet.

Fireball XL 5 - the scratchbuild?

I wonder if anyone ever did it.

Must look through that old Meccano Magazine site.

I do remember some cousins had a silver one (late 60's?)

about a foot long. maybe that was the Kellogs one.

Where did the moulds go?

Pete

Fireball XL 5 - the scratchbuild?

I wonder if anyone ever did it.

Must look through that old Meccano Magazine site.

I do remember some cousins had a silver one (late 60's?)

about a foot long. maybe that was the Kellogs one.

Where did the moulds go?

Pete

I had both XL5 and Stingray when I was a kid, both from collecting Lyons Maid Zoom wrappers. Wonder what they would be worth now, but I had great fun with them so no loss.

I built that resin XL 5 for a mate a couple of years ago.

Not bad. The cockpit was a bu**er to fit. So was masking.

I built a small diorama around the launch rail that comes with it.

No pictures though, sorry.

Pete

Got my two today from the post office. Had to wait 'til today because the PO was shut half day yesterday.

Can't remember the last time I looked forward to a kit arriving, with as much anticipation as I have with this one. B)