Airfix Angel Interceptor (A02026)

Richard M

Ta da!

Scott – pale blue

Virgil – pale yellow

Alan – white

Gordon – orange

John – lilac

Those were the colours of their uniform sashes, not their Y-fronts, in case anybody was wondering.

They were of course named after five of the seven Mercury astronauts (Scott Carpenter. Virgil Grissom, Alan Shepard, Gordon Cooper and John Glenn) - if Jeff had had two more sons they'd have been called Don and Wally.

How about Four Feather Falls?

You can get ointment for that.

didnt get the Angels real names, or the actresses...but i did know all the other captains names...always felt sorry for Lt. Green...bet he had to do all the nasty jobs!

big fan of everything from fireball xl5 onwards though!

steve

After everybody bashing accuracy of ALL the kits ever produced from every single manufacturer. Revell, Italeri, releases that are hot topics at the moment even down to markings supplied against dates and times and then wether the panels are to deep, to wide, raised, 0.5mm out of place it is interesting to see no body seems to care about this model, you JUST get what you GET.

Makes a little light relief, but somebody will be on soon complaining about the PRICE £6.99 no doubt, saying 'when I bought mine back in 19.. it only cost 99p or £1.99' or whatever the price was, I do not know as I have not kept up with this kit but it does make me laugh. It then also puts into perspective the prices for the MODERN new kits, that everybody whinges about as well, well for me it does.

ENJOY the ANGEL INTERCEPTOR for what it is.

cheers Ali

I demand Eduard produces a P/E set for the kit, Aires a resin cockpit, that SAC produces white metal skids for them to land on and that Superscale produce a 'heritage interceptor set' of decals.

I demand it now!

Andy (humming the tune even louder)

I demand Eduard produces a P/E set for the kit, Aires a resin cockpit, that SAC produces white metal skids for them to land on and that Superscale produce a 'heritage interceptor set' of decals.

I demand it now!

Andy (humming the tune even louder)

AND a vastly expensive resin 'Cloudbase' to put them on!!..also PJ to do anatomically correct figures of all 5 pilots in 1/72nd AND 1:1

DUM-DUM DUM DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM!!!

STEVE

DUM-DUM DUM DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM!!!

I think it's been a long week as I just spent a couple of minutes 'scanning' where in the tune that was! :rofl:

Sheesh, I need to get a life

Andy

Completely agree with Ali.

It is so refreshing to read a thread like this where everyone is looking forward to such a simple kit.

This is what modelling is all about.

Buy kit, build it and enjoy it.

Steve

Amen to that Steve! And somebody had better have one for sale at Yeovilton tomorrow!

Andy

Edited by AndyC

didnt get the Angels real names, or the actresses...but i did know all the other captains names...always felt sorry for Lt. Green...bet he had to do all the nasty jobs!

big fan of everything from fireball xl5 onwards though!

steve

Yes they did Steve, I'm sure Destiny's name was Juliette (she was French) but for the life of me I can't remember any others.

Tony :clif:

What about a 2 seat trainer?, Buddy Buddy tanker variant?, etc etc

And yes, I watched Supercar, even had the club badge!

May just have to pick up one of these.

Is there a book of the TV 21 Comic?

Pete

Edited by Pete in Riyadh

I remember all the other shows mentioned here. Airfix did Fireball XL5 as a promotional kit to go with a Kellogs product. I think one had to collect so many vouchers from the boxes and send in for the kit with a P/Order for x amount.

Supercar was one of my faves and the title song to Fireball was great!

They were of course named after five of the seven Mercury astronauts (Scott Carpenter. Virgil Grissom, Alan Shepard, Gordon Cooper and John Glenn) - if Jeff had had two more sons they'd have been called Don and Wally.

Virgil should really have been known as Gus... Or maybe Ivan.

After everybody bashing accuracy of ALL the kits ever produced from every single manufacturer. Revell, Italeri, releases that are hot topics at the moment even down to markings supplied against dates and times and then wether the panels are to deep, to wide, raised, 0.5mm out of place it is interesting to see no body seems to care about this model, you JUST get what you GET.

Makes a little light relief, but somebody will be on soon complaining about the PRICE £6.99 no doubt, saying 'when I bought mine back in 19.. it only cost 99p or £1.99' or whatever the price was, I do not know as I have not kept up with this kit but it does make me laugh. It then also puts into perspective the prices for the MODERN new kits, that everybody whinges about as well, well for me it does.

ENJOY the ANGEL INTERCEPTOR for what it is.

cheers Ali

4/3d, if I remember correctly - none of this new-fangled decimalisation nonsense!

John

Followed by the UFO babes.

Now you're talking! Never has a purple rinse looked so sexy!

Of all the things I remember about UFO are the Interceptors and the girls with purple hair!

Back to the Angel Interceptor... ...needs a radar, some missiles and an undercarriage.

What would it be called in RAF service? :hmmm:

Wez

Edited by Wez

Of all the things I remember about UFO are the Interceptors and the girls with purple hair!

Back to the Angel Interceptor... ...needs a radar, some missiles and an undercarriage.

What would it be called in RAF service? :hmmm:

Wez

Babe alert - Gabrielle Drake in a purple wig yum-yum :D

Not good for a teenager...

Andy

Quite apart from the Whifs, this kit will give me a chance to practice an all-white anti-flash finish.

Edit: Just imagine how good these will look in USAF aggressor schemes!

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Babe alert - Gabrielle Drake in a purple wig yum-yum :D

Not good for a teenager...

Andy

Forget the wig, it was the silver mini-skirt... I'm feeling all funny now for some reason...

I think this takes the biscuit for totally gratuitous... not that I'm complaining mind! (YouTUbe link)

Edited by Kallisti

Wez

I remember Ayshea Brough aboard Skydiver. She also presented a kids' pop show with Ollie Beak, an owl puppet.