First airbrush, can't decide: Iwata HP-CH or H&S Infinity 2 in 1.

Foxley

A wise choice, it really is a cracking airbrush. It was my first airbrush as well. Once you get used to it you'll love it. Like you said it wasn't the airbrush it was that aweful Vallejo paint, I find the model air stuff aint much better either.

Personally, I really like the Model Colour range - owning many of the paints I find the dropper bottles much, much, more handy. Though I admit, I have yet to use any Tamiya Acrylics. My research tells me the Tamiya glass bottles aren't very good, however, the paint gives a much more flat/cleaner/even? surface than the Vallejo Model Air. I'm going to grab a couple of each and give them a try when I get chance.

One thing I am aware of is the difference in Acrylics. MC and MA can be thinned with pretty much anything and can be mixed with all manner of similar paints, however, Tamiya Acrylics are best mixed with Alcohol or their thinner (Don't quote me on that!) and when mixed with paints such as MC or MA they curdle the paint. Oh, and the Tamiya paints are more toxic, though again - (Don't quote me on that!).

Tamiya paints are more toxic, though again - (Don't quote me on that!).

Tamiya are solvent based I believe, but it's also worth noting that while Vallejo are water based and indeed Non-Toxic, there are a few of the MC range that should NOT be sprayed.

The, not recommended for spraying, ones are labelled on the bottles.

These colours contain Cd, when brushing are perfectly safe, it's only when you atomise the paint while spraying that they cause concern.