1/15 Shunichi Makino Iron Man Mk.1

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Don. Card modelling obviously involves different challenges to plastic modelling but the results can be really impressive. And its a great way to build up experience in the sort of bending and folding encountered when using photo-etch.

This chap is on the back burner at the moment until I finish some other builds, but I have started on the arms and fiddly they are too (for my sausage fingers anyway).

Andy

Edited by It'sAllGoneHorriblyWrong

Andy,

Great start, the paper models from SF Paper Craft are really good, some of the Star Wars ones are as good as any plastic kit, the AT-ST is one I like.

If you fancy a bit of a challenge there is a 1/96 paper Saturn V model that is free to down load, brilliant model and to museum standards with all the various separate stages and engines. There is also a 1/48 version which is huge.

Paper Rockets

I have build the 1/96 paper model and it looks fantastic, I donated it to my daughters school during science week a few years ago as they were looking at rockets and space travel. The site has a lot of paper rockets all very good.

Might even add one to the GB myself.

• 2 months later...

Iron Man is back and he's no longer 'armless. I know you all thought I'd forgotten about him - to tell the truth, so did I. But a quick tidy up of the work box revealed him discarded at the back, staring at me with those soulful black eye-slits and I knew I just had to take pity on him.

P8280007.jpg

Amazingly, the arms are fully articulated and posable (so long as you're careful with the glue). More soon.

Andy

On the final straight and running for the finishing post (me, not him, obviously).

P9020006.jpg

Comments advising me to "hop to it" will get a poor reception.

Andy M.

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on.....

Coming on nicely

• 3 weeks later...