HMS King George V

Very nice model indeed, however I think the camouflage is wrong. According to my sources, she wore that camouflage in 1942, when she still had a catapult and not so many AA guns. The model depicts the ship when she served in the BPF in 1944/45, in which she was painted overall grey with a blue grey panel on the hull.

thanks

Mike

Edited by Mikemx

Fantastic!! Now how about a lesson for us all on how you achieved that fantastic sea?

Dave

Woah, blast from the past lol, glad you liked the build Dave, I posted a bit of a tutorial in the original build thread here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/75720-1350-hms-king-george-v/ if you want any mre details just ask and ill be happy to answer any questions you have :)

Very nice model indeed, however I think the camouflage is wrong. According to my sources, she wore that camouflage in 1942, when she still had a catapult and not so many AA guns. The model depicts the ship when she served in the BPF in 1944/45, in which she was painted overall grey with a blue grey panel on the hull.

thanks

Mike

I know, but i wanted to paint the ship in the camo, besides I know she was in refit in June 1944 where she had the Catapult removed and reported to Sydney in July 44 for service with the BPF, ill just argue she was repainted in Sydney after the refit :P

Just so good, the rest of the mob have expressed it better than I ever could. Question about the quad turret guns, two raised as though to fire, two lowered, for loading? Something I've never thought of before, is this how it was done on these? Whatever the reason it sures adds interest.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Just so good, the rest of the mob have expressed it better than I ever could. Question about the quad turret guns, two raised as though to fire, two lowered, for loading? Something I've never thought of before, is this how it was done on these? Whatever the reason it sures adds interest.

Steve.

I think so Steve, i found loads of Pictures showing the ships with the gun like this, id presume to maintain a high rate of fire over weight of shell (interesting side note, HMS Rodney and Nelson had to alternate the firing of their guns because when they gave a full broadside it would form cracks in the deck and sheer nuts heh)

• Like 1