SAAF Turbo Dak 1/72

This is my newly finished Italeri C-47 Skytrain converted into the SAAF Turbo Dak.

I used the Heritage Aviation conversion kit which is very nice I might add.

After looking on the net for the different schemes of the african aircraft. I cam across a picture of the BlueSky model decals that has the anniversary markings. I found out from a fellow modeller that they were not available anymore but who was generous enough to supply me the decals along with a disc that has alot of closeups of different SAAF machines. So thank you.

I used Revell acrylic paints and added a couple of more windows including the observer windows at the back of the aircraft. My modellings not the best of the best but I think its alright. I'll leave use guys to decide.

dc-3001.jpg

dc-3002.jpg

dc-3003.jpg

dc-3004.jpg

dc-3006.jpg

Edited by TOPGUN88

That looks good.

I'm currently building one of these for the DC-3 group build.

I'm glad you posted your pics, looking at them caused me to look at my references more closely and I realised that I was going horribly wrong with my windows!! Fortunately it's not too late for me to change that.

Gary

Thanks Gary. I tried to get as close as possible to the windows. I was a little bit worried that I would ruin it. But after I had to chop off the fusealge just a little after the cockpit I tought might aswell try it. I have never airbrushed any models Its all brushes. I had to paint on the "OF DAK" on the side with the blanked off windows as the writting had folded.

Edited by TOPGUN88

Thanks Brenden. I like SAAF subjects. I wouldnt mind doing a cessna tail dragger in the camouflage scheme . But the only one I could find was the vac form model.

Edited by TOPGUN88