Wessex HAS.3

Hi

Finished model of the Italeri 1/72 Wessex HAS3. Nice kit to build dispite all of the kits faults.

Painted as an RAF aircraft as per box art although the HAS3 was never used as a sar aircraft by the RAF!

2mxk01d.jpg

2zeh3ye.jpg

fbxfdi.jpg

214pixj.jpg

iwmasg.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jeff.

Jeff

given that the basic model has... "issues" your modelling doesn't :thumbsup:

The finish is exemplary, I am hoping I get my HAR2 somewhere near as good as yours.

Did you use Xtracolour or simply use Yellow from a basic manufacturers colour set/

I have just ordered Xtracolour but to be honest "I have ma doots" whether I should have waited...

I am glad you carried on with it, every Wessex model made is, another fine helicopter

thanks for sharing it with us, I enjoyed the WIP too

Hi all

Thanks for all your comments.

Perdu - the yellow used was several light mist coats of HU154 insignia yellow sprayed over a light grey base coat then a couple of gloss coats.

Cheers

Jeff.

Thanks for that Jeff

As usual Hannants pulled out all the stops and my BSI 381 356 Rescue/Golden Yellow arrived in the post today with a set of decals for when I do my RN version in the future.

Now I have to get back in the saddle, mine will be a while yet, interior to complete first.

Bill

Thanks for that Jeff

As usual Hannants pulled out all the stops and my BSI 381 356 Rescue/Golden Yellow arrived in the post today with a set of decals for when I do my RN version in the future.

Now I have to get back in the saddle, mine will be a while yet, interior to complete first.

Bill

Hi

Did Hannants post you the paints as every time I have sent for paints they will not send unless ordering a kit at the same time. H&S they tell me.

Cheers

Jeff.

Hi

Did Hannants post you the paints as every time I have sent for paints they will not send unless ordering a kit at the same time. H&S they tell me.

Cheers

Jeff.

Hi Jeff

I didn't order a kit

what I ordered was

Modeldecal MD099 Westland Wessex (guess why?) :)

Micro Kristal Kleer

1/64" yellow parallel stripes (for the rotor stripes)

XS019 RAF Rescue Yellow BS256 enamel

so it seems you simply have to order "other stuff" from them at the same time

I can see why though, simply sending a small tin wouldn't be economically viable, I would only buy off any mail order supplier if it made it worth my while to pay the postage and packing.

They make up a box suitable to deal with the size of the stuff you order that can handle posting, the box I had the other day was about 6½" wide 2" deep and 9" long. These sizes fitted the Modeldecals and the other decal sheet and the Xtracolours tin fitted perfectly

Lovely looking Wessex, well done with the earial wires and a lovely finish.